Thursday, March 17, 2011

Now Appearing

Beautiful Colors


Yesterday, we had intermittent rays of sunlight. I was drawn to the brilliant colors of the flowers in Dorothy’s garden behind ‘A’ building, (AKA; ‘Alder’).



There were bugs and bees - birds in the trees - and all sorts of colorful flowers, guaranteed to please, (to get real close, I had to get down on my knees).



Before I knew it, I had snapped over 200 pictures in my exuberant determination to capture the essence of the joy I felt from these attractive displays of color, (even within the limited spectrum of light that we humans are able to perceive).



I nearly missed these mushrooms, although I may have stepped on a few before I saw these tiny fungi and took their picture from ground level. I wonder what they look like to insects and birds? You can see ultraviolet light pictures of flowers by Bjorn Rorslett on his web page.



It sounded to me like the garden owls were having trouble accepting that a tulip just happened to grow next to one of them. “You expect me to believe that it just popped up out of the ground?” Who knows?



Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Nature Nurtures

No comments: