Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sample Size

Live Right- Eat Light

One of the interesting side
effects of learning at the pace and exponentially increasing number of projects, is the occasional, "I thought I already did this", moment. This is the case with today's topic. It's not a new philosophy, in fact, I was a proponent of this healthy approach to life as far back as the 1960's.

The Good Stuff

One of my favorite meals. Steamed veggies in 4 1/2 min.

Doctors and scientists, now have, "discovered", that rats on a near starvation diet, live longer, more vigorous, and healthy lives than their portly counterparts. This is because the body produces a combination of enzymes and chemicals that promote wellness, when it's not bogged down with continuous digestion and fat production. This is magnified by the body working to extract nutrients from, "non foods".

Dr. OZ explains digestion

Very Small

Electronmicroscopic image of array and simulation.

Yale researchers
have demonstrated silicon-based nanocantilevers, smaller than the wavelength of light, that operate on photonic principles.

In nanoelectromechanical systems
(NEMS), cantilevers are the most fundamental mechanical sensors. These tiny structures — fixed at one end and free at the other — act like nano-scale diving boards that "bend" when molecules "jump" on them and register a change that can be measured and calibrated.


Very Large

Humpback whales seen from under the surface.

Northern Lights

Giant space tornado's create flare ups in Aurora Borealis.

Meanwhile, In Iraq

My brother, Jerry in Abraham's house.

Jerry sent me some pictures from when he took a tour of UR.

When I was a child, I didn't like to go to sleep. I was afraid that while I was sleeping, reality might go away, and when I awoke, everything would be gone.

Here In Redding

Iris, out back, in Dorothy's garden. 4/26/09

Today At The River

Sundial bridge. 4/26/09

To try and assist the last few salmon making the spring run, additional water is released from the Keswick dam. Watching organized attempts to put the genie back in the bottle, sort of reminds me of the scene from Fantasia with Mickey as the sorcerers apprentice. We, (Department of Fish and Wildlife), are so desperate to stop the ecological damage we have done to the river, that we "farm" salmon, truck them to the Bay, release to the sea, then later, collect and truck the fish back upstream to try and establish breeding colonies.

This Just In...

Inside wave picture from my sister, Sue.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Fixing A Hole -Beatles

Honesty

No comments: