Sunday, December 20, 2015

Happy Rainy Day

It’s Nice To Have You Back Again

Hello Robin 4.jpg
Yesterday’s Sun Brings Out Birds

In Case You Missed The Republican Debate...

SNL provided an accurate synopsis;



Hello Flicker.jpg
Flicker Enjoys Saturday Sunshine

Among the things I have been saving up for a rainy day are fix-it projects. So far, I have managed to repair a nose hair trimmer that didn’t work when I got it 5 years ago. Now I have 2 fully functional nose hair trimmers.

I feel a mild sense of accomplishment, and I can keep from having a “nosestach”.

Day Moon 3.jpg
Saturday ‘day’ moon

Another fixit project was the trackpad on the MacBook. I really like that older laptop because it is still running Apple magic programs on the Mountain Lion operating system. It is way more fun than this bothersome El Capitan and associated poorly considered improvements to the basic Mac program sets.

Welcome To Redding.jpg
Saturday afternoon Redding view

The trackpad had become stiff and difficult to click, so I set about finding the trouble and fixing it.

The problem wasn’t the trackpad, but a swollen battery pack. It is a chance I take when purchasing third party replacement parts because the high cost of genuine Apple parts are usually more than I want to budget for.

Lassen Park.jpg
Lassen Park obscured

I have the original battery pack for my late 2008 MacBook that I could put in it until I get a new replacement, but it most likely won’t hold a charge. I would have to always plug in the MacBook to a power source.

P&P 12 14 15.jpg
Dean took pictures of P&P last Monday

Just for fun, I plugged in the MacBook without a battery, (With no battery it weighs practically nothing). By golly it works and feels like a MacBook Air on my lap. Problem solved.

Today’s Video;


Rainy Day Diversions

No comments: