Monday, November 17, 2008

Beauty Is All Around

Falling

India's Chandrayaan-1 Spacecraft released a lunar probe that fell to the surface of the moon on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s birthday. He started India's space program when he was prime minister in 1962.

Picture of lunar surface as probe approaches 11/14/08
The moon impact probe sent this picture minutes before it smashed on the surface. What I enjoyed was the way the crash was described in the story from Science Digest, "Finally, the probe had a hard landing on the lunar surface that terminated its functioning." Nicely put.

Spectacular Fall in Redding

Tree next to my balcony

Tree a little closer

Closer

Tree on western side of my balcony at sunset 11/15/08
All this beauty is at my doorstep, literally. There are some colorful tableau's just about everywhere I go, in and around town. I am thankful that I get to share the beauty that embraces me, with you, in this blog.

If you would like to see more pictures I have taken, you need only click on the picture of, "Happy Phil", at the upper right of this blog.

Happy Phil Picture Link on blog page

This will take you to my picasa photo albums where you can view the pictures as slide shows, enlarged views, and there is a magnifying feature that lets you examine tiny objects with clarity. You can even download pictures you may deem suitable for framing.


Another way to find stuff in this blog, is to use the, "search", feature. Just type in a name, a place, a subject, or a date and the page, or pages will load right in front of you.

Search box upper left
Type in your query

Click on search

Presto, you have a page with a prussian blue cat story.

Another, "Phil's Place", blog tip;
Sometimes headlines are just one of those things that happen to be a song title, so I cant help myself, I just have to make those words link to a video. Sometimes it's magic. Sometimes it might be a link to my songs that I am working on. One of my latest projects is a collaboration with another songwriter in Glascow, Papa Paul Thomas.

Keep those cards and letters coming, your input means the world to me.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Autum Leaves -Eva Cassidy (Guitar and vocal)
Accept Goodness

No comments: