Friday, November 21, 2008

To Charity, With Love

New Day, New Happiness

Today I realized that I am living my life with
Faith, Hope, and Charity.

From the Greek; Πίστις, Ἐλπίς καὶ Ἀγάπη.

Faith, Hope and Charity broach... circa 1880, UK

If Charity feels like Love, it's because that was the word originally used in Corinthians.
The King James version changes Love to Charity.
Like this...
English Standard Version; 13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
King James; 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

To add a little romance and venerability to these virtues, there are two separate tales of Faith, Hope and Charity, along with their mother, Sophia, (Wisdom), being martyred saints.

Okay, now I can include wisdom in how my life feels to me, and whether I see through the glass Dimly, or Darkly, makes no difference. The man I see, is the man I am.

Through the Glass
11 Million light-years Away

Picture of galaxy 11,000,000 light-years away, taken by the Hubble
This galaxy produces 100 times more stars than the Milky Way.
What an awesome universe we get to live in.

A new look for my Gmail Page


My new Gmail page.
One of the things I enjoy about using Google, is that it is a Beta program that is constantly evolving. Yesterday they introduced 36 new themes for the Gmail page. I like this one called, Planets. Perfect.

Here in Redding


Fountain at Cypress, Pine, and Market intersection. 11/19/08
I had my camera handy while I was stopped, waiting for the light to change and thought I might be able to capture one of the nice touches in Redding. There are many small delights like this fountain, in and around Redding. Put there, no doubt, by people who knew that they might lift a spirit or two.

Looking up at my balcony 11/19/08
I am glad I took this picture a couple of days ago. Those beautiful leaves are falling fast and soon the sun will shine through to warm my apartment this winter. The Treehouse Senior Apartments were thoughtfully designed.

Looking out from my apartment.
What a cheerful gift of color I got to enjoy out my window.

Back to Corinthians
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.


Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
The Way Of The World -Earth, Wind, and Fire


You will find peace of mind
If you look way down in your heart and soul

No comments: