Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Food, Genetically Modified Food, and Goodby Mr. Hayes

Food for thought
There is a world of knowledge that can be accessed with google and the internet. It has become second nature to me, that when reading an article on the internet, I look up the source of the information. Sometimes the source is untrue, or bogus, and sometimes the source is unimpeachable. Here are somethings I found today, interspersed with entertaining diversions;

Jatropa, instant diesel fuel.
Each hearty, drought and pest resistant, plant produces a gallon of fuel without refining.
Information about Jatropa with video's
You can't eat Jatropa, but here is a site that lists some foods that are really good for you...
Choosing healthy foods to eat
What you should know about Polyphenol-Antioxidants and what foods contain the most.


Something one should not do in an SUV...

Boating.

Here is part of a letter that my friend Fred e-mailed to me;
The problem I have is the distribution of my tax dollars to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check since I have to pass one to earn the money for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT, doing drugs, while I work!
. . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test in order to get a public assistance check?
That is a good idea.
I wonder why no one thought of it before?

Finding food fit to eat;
I like to think that the food I put in my system is something that my body actually needs, and can digest. I try to avoid processed foods, when possible, because I know that most of the useful nutrition is missing, like
Polyphenol-Antioxidants. But I do enjoy a bowl of cereal now and then. The problem with that is the grain,(except wheat). Today it is nearly impossible to find grains that are not genetically modified. 70% of our corn, in the United States, is from Monsanto's genetically modified seeds. Soon it will be 100% as farmers are forced to use these seeds if they want to get a loan to plant their crops.

It's not just here, it's happening all around the globe. The U.N, world bank, and the World Trade Organization, have teamed up to force farmers around the world to use Monsanto, Roundup-ready seeds for everything from soy beans to eggplant. It's against the law in the new, "free", Iraq, for farmers to use anything but Monsanto seeds!

These crops are toxic to bees, butterfly larva, microbes, and animals. That includes humans. Scientific studies that link these genetically modified, "foods", to illness and diseases are intentionally ignored by the FDA. The head of FDA oversight is supreme court judge, Clarence Thomas, formerly a lawyer for Monsanto.

Monsanto corn in Mexico since 1995 has given them US rates of Diabetes.


I found a website called, "Friends of Monsanto".
I spent 2 hours going through the people and organizations that are part of Monsanto. They include Donald Rumsfeld, John Ashcroft, The Department of Homeland Security, the EPA, The World Trade Organization, the Safe Food Coalition, Bill Gates, USAID, General Electric, and the Worl Bank, to name a few. You can go to their website if you want to...
Friends of Monsanto

My father was, at one time, a research chemist for Monsanto. While he was there, he invented some of the plastics we use today.
When Disneyland first opened in 1955, he took me there to see the Monsanto, "House of the Future". We were given V.I.P. treatment while at the park. The 10 year old me was thrilled with the Auto-bon, Matterhorn, Adventure Land, and, my all time favorite,"Tom Sawyers' Island."


Earlier today, enjoying 110° weather. 4:34PM 8/11/08

I am beginning to understand how the people of Germany were led to become part of the third Reich. The blueprint for Hitlers rise to power was sitting on bookshelves gathering dust. The whole plan was in the book, Mein Kampf, but people didn't read it.

Today we have the New World Order and people will soon be asking themselves; "How did this happen?"
The blueprint for the New World Order is in the Congressional record, U.N. resolutions, and the Library of Congress. It's on internet sites, in books and magazines, but are the "fast food eating-American Idol watching-registered voters" reading? Nope.

Karl Rove is using the same type of propaganda as Joseph Goebbels to obtain the unquestioning obedience of the masses. He is stirring up peoples fear and prejudice against Obama to motivate them to vote for McCain. Some of the anti-Obama stuff is insidious and hateful, but it's working.

On a parting note;
In the late 60's, Fred Mitchell had an idea that we should build a recording studio to record and promote local talent. We called it, "Jackson Sound". It was there that I produced an album on my friend, Joe Shamwell.
Joe had been a writer for Stax records and when we had finished his album,"Natural Blackness", we sent a copy of the tape to Stax. They liked it and Joe and I went to Memphis as guests of Issac Hayes.

Issac Hayes 1943-2008
With Issac, we toured the Stax recording studio, we went to his favorite soul food restaurant, we made a pending record deal, we shared his enthusiasm about the movie soundtrack he was writing and recording, and admired the new bell bottom jumpsuit his tailor just made. I felt honored to be welcomed to Stax, the home of Booker "T", Sam and Dave, Otis Redding, Peaches and Herb, and the Bar Kays. I got to talk music with David Porter and Issac, and even was asked for my 2 cents worth. I will always remember Issac saying; " You've got a lot of soul Phil,... for a white boy". Thank you Mr. Hayes.
Play on.

1 comment:

amaya video productions said...

Hi Phil, read your whole enchilada. Good work except for the wheat adoration thing, which is the worst one beside soy beans and corn. In fact it was one of the first food modifications initiated by Hitler. I learned about that stuff at the Hippocrates Health Institute which is a natural disease cure institute with lectures from a biochemist that is very much a genius. Change the wheat comment and I think your article will have more credibility. Though who cares what I think-ha. Did you get the videos I sent about Hemp! Hemp is our answer to global warming... and I believe it. I agree with the guy who said welfare recipient should be tested for drugs but I believe cannabis is good for the planet vs. alcohol which is ridiculously legal and deadly disabling stimulating testosterone which increases violent episodes and homicides but cannabis does not. In fact it increases estrogen which calms people. It also helps some people with depression and pain... Why is it illegal? For the same reasons food is modified and pharmaceuticals are deadlier than the diseases modified food and drugs cause. I hope these monsters pay for the mass annihilation and suffering they induce, But I pray they come to their senses before they have to enter the spirit universe.