Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sometimes You Win

I am Ready For Some Football,
It's too bad the 49ers Aren't.


Bedding for those who get tired of the 49'ers losing.

Pirates Again!

Pirates in these little boats hijacked the MV Faina?

U.S. officials said the ship reported being surrounded by three small boats of pirates while sailing 250 miles off the coast of Somalia.

U.S. officials, meanwhile, said they are urging all commercial shippers to carry security personnel on their decks when sailing near Somalia.

Earlier this week, a U.S. Navy warship fired warning shots at a small boat that got too close to it, fearing a possible attack.

Meanwhile, an Egyptian ship seized by pirates has been released, and a Japanese ship was released after a $2 million ransom was paid.

In addition, a Greek ship was seized by pirates Friday.

The Adventures of Bat Girl


Bat Girl stops for a break in Ohio 9/28/08
Bat says, "It's chilly willy here."

"Stay tuned for my next exciting installment."

Here In Redding


Watching temperatures fall as we near October. 9/28/08

I have a lot of appreciation and respect for this wonderful life that God has given me.
I am in a life-form that doesn't have to worry about getting eaten or chopped down by predators. I can fill my senses with wonder and understanding. I can show respect for all of God's creations and know our relative positions in the universe. I can give and receive love, unconditionally. I am blessed.
I am happy.
I am able to express my joy through song.

I went to the monthly board meeting of the Alano club today. I am the Liaison Person on the board. I had the opportunity to pitch an idea that my friend, Mike, suggested. An event called, "Creative Expression Night", where members can read a poem, sing a song, tell a story, do a dance, or otherwise express themselves on stage with a microphone and audience.

I like the concept because a lot of people don't realize that they don't have to give up God given talents in sobriety. I believe it would actually be helpful to some peoples recovery to have a forum for their creative expression.

No one objected to my making up a few flyer's and a sign-up sheet to see if there would be enough interested parties to schedule "Creative Expression Night." I am thinking of a simple stage set to give the impression of an old coffee house. (I had completely forgotten that set design was one of my talents in college.)

First we'll see if there are enough people that would like to express themselves.

Pirates Uncover Illegal Arms Shipment

Investigator Phil
The Somalian pirate story is getting interesting.
Here is the latest...

NAIROBI, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- Controversy is looming over seized Ukrainian vessel carrying military equipment with fresh reports indicating that the arsenal was destined for south Sudan and not the Kenyan military.

Andrew Mwangura of the East African Seafarers' Assistance Program said on Sunday the Somali pirates claim to be in possession of confidential documents showing that the arms were actually destined for southern Sudan and not Kenya.

Mwangura said that the hijacked ship-MV Faina was ferrying the fourth such consignment from Ukrainian to southern Sudan.


There seems to be more to this latest increase of pirate activity off the coast of Africa than meets the eye. The picture of the three little boats used to hijack that great big ship filled with tanks, mortars, rocket launchers, assault rifles, grenades and ammunition, was taken from the deck of a U.S. patrol boat, yet they did nothing to stop the hijacking. The hijacked ship had enough armament to blow a whole fleet of pirates out of the water.


Something smells fishy. I will keep gathering information and keep you posted.


Space Travel For The Rest Of Us

View from the SpaceX rocket

SpaceX has made history.

Their privately-developed rocket has made it into space!

After three failed launches, the company founded by Elon Musk worked all of the bugs out of their Falcon 1 launch vehicles.

Eight minutes after leaving the ground, Falcon 1 reached a speed of 5200 meters per second and passed above the International Space Station. In the coming years, his company will try to make space transportation ten times cheaper and more reliable.

Elon Musk is also developing a mainstream electric car company.
Pirate?

"Did someone say pirates?"
Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Nothing Left To Lose-The Alan Parsons Project

Appreciation and Respect

No comments: