Tuesday, March 31, 2009

History Includes Everything

Everything We Know, So Far

Remember the Messerschmitt?

The Messerschmitt was sold in 1955.

The new Volkswagon
seems familiar

It's like deja vu all over again.

There were a lot of gas saving small cars available in the 1950's.

My sister had a
Nash Metropolitan convertible.

I, "borrowed", Sue's car once when I was 13 0r 14.

One of my Favorite Cars, was
the Isetta 300
.
The hills were alive with the sound of Isetta's.

The new Isetta

The new Isetta will be available in 2012.

The Mercedes Smart Car

Earlene, and her smart car.

I was checking out Facebook the other day, and I got in touch with a friend from Alpine High after 47 years, or so. She and her husband have Smart Cars. She wrote that you have to order them a year to 18 months in advance.


Earlene writes; "They are really fun to drive, great mileage and really safe, with a 5 star crash rating."

I Want A TaTa Air Car

This car is powered by air. No gasoline required.

And The New TaTa Nano

The Nano sells for $2,500, new!

These little cars are popping up
all over the world just like they did 50 years ago.

I guess the point I am making is about repeating history, because we haven't been learning very well. I think it's the flawed formula we use for our educational system. We divide knowledge into separate categories like, Math, Reading, Writing, Science, Sports, Music, Art, etc.

Everything we know is included in history.


That should be the whole curriculum.
Just one subject.
History.

You can start with language, basic survival skills, social organization, and keep adding knowledge as it was discovered and developed to bring the students up to the present. Students with aptitudes for certain disciplines would naturally develop more interest and energy in that field.

I don't have a complete answer, but I think this idea of just using history to educate, would be an improvement over the present methods.


Another Coincidence?

I was just reading about this bust of Nefertiti, yesterday.

BERLIN (AP report)– Researchers in Germany have used a modern medical procedure to uncover a secret within one of ancient Egypt's most treasured artworks — the bust of Nefertiti has two faces. A team led by Dr. Alexander Huppertz, director of the Imaging Science Institute at Berlin's Charite hospital and medical school, discovered a detailed stone carving that differs from the external stucco face when they performed a computed tomography, or CT, scan on the bust.

The findings, published Tuesday in the monthly journal Radiology, are the first to show that the stone core of the statue is a highly detailed sculpture of the queen, Huppertz said.


This is so amazing, to me. Those of you who read this blog regularly know these, "coincidences", occur much too often to be accidental.


I was reading a novel that had the characters in Berlin. They stopped at Museum island specifically to view this bust, and ask that it be 'loaned' to the museum in Cairo. ( Egypt feels that they are the rightful owners.) In the book, as in real life, moving the fragile bust was considered too risky. The outer stucco face might separate and break away from the underlying stone face if it is jarred or shaken in the moving process.


Today, those refusals to transport the 3,300 year old statue, have a scientific foundation. Nefertiti will stay in Berlin.


Magic continues to fill my world with wonder.


Time To Get A Large Diaphragm

Condenser Microphone


Tracks to, "Life is what you make it", awaiting vocals.

I have been getting close
to finishing the music tracks for several songs, and the timing is right for me to invest in an appropriate microphone to capture my vocals. I had the search narrowed down to two possibilities, last month, but it's time to see what is available, appropriate, and on sale, now that I am in position to make this important purchase.

This One

This was the most microphone I found for the money.

The MXL V63M is a condenser microphone with a 1" diameter, 6-micron-thick diaphragm that delivers high sensitivity and detailed recordings. Wired with Mogami wire for added clarity.


It said I am saving $320. I ordered it. What the heck is Mogami wire?


All questions will be answered when it gets here in a few days.



Happy Phil


Balancing my checkbook with glee. 3/31/09

Last year,
when I was smoking cigarettes, I would be broke by this time of the month. Since I quit, I can afford to buy a good quality microphone, and still have money left over.

If A Tree Falls In The Forest?


Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Woodchopper's Ball -Woody Herman

The Gift of Grace

No comments: