Saturday, March 28, 2009

Like A Cosmic Surfer

Riding the Wave of the Present

We are riding a wave of the now,
in an ocean of what was.
Raccoons in a swing.
Cute video, HERE.

I put this in my,
"Get over it", category...

War, what is is good for? Absolutely nothing! The Song

I got an e-mail today with the subject line; Fw: Never Forget---Jane Fonda---Traitor!!!!
It started with the person, or organization that has been posting under the name; RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt, USAF, since 2002.
If you read my blog, you know I had to check it.
You also know that when an e-mail says forward this to 5, 10, or more people, don't; It's a scam. If you want to share an interesting or funny e-mail with your friends, remove the cookies, trackers and collected email addresses before sending it. Just copy what you like and paste it in a new e-mail. (Unless you are sending it to me so I can fact check it for you.)
Not surprisingly, most of the "information" in it was not true. The only fact that was right was Jane Fonda went to North Vietnam. The soldiers that are named in the email, have publicly stated that none of the so called "traitorous acts" by Jane Fonda ever happened to them. Never the less, e-mail like this continues to upset some people.

This Ronald D. Sampson guy is a phony persona that has been used to post false information about our military, our leaders, and our citizens. I recommend that you just delete anything with that name on it, and eventually that hate mail will dry up and go away.

Why cling to a resentment for years, even when it's based on faulty information? I have an answer.

This fit's in with a lot of stuff that has been floating around in Phil's Lake of Incomplete Hypotheses.
So, let's go for a swim and see what's in there.

War:
The ultimate expression of ignorance.
Ignorance: It's easier to do stupid things if you don't know too much.
Anger: Aggressive ignorance.
Aggression: Action resulting from fear.
Fear: Incomplete information.
Information: Main ingredient of knowledge.
Knowledge: Key ingredient for my serenity.
Serenity: Peace
Peace: Topic of the Sermon on the Mount.
Hunger: Time to get out of the lake and eat a sandwich.

Wow! That was fun.
You never know what you will find when you swim in Phil's Lake of Incomplete Hypotheses.

Godspeed

I just couldn't help but illustrate this word.

Wikipedia; (from Middle English God speed you, meaning "May God help you prosper").

My Sister Sent Me This

Two peanuts walked up a dark alley. One was a salted.

Sue sent me the cartoon.
The peanut joke was one that our Dad told over, and over, and over.
"I told you a million times not to exaggerate."

Scientists Discover The Obvious

Poseidon the giant lobster (Image courtesy Dailymail).

Crabs Feel Pain, Too...

Ripping the legs off
live crabs and crowding lobsters into seafood market tanks are just two of the many practices that may warrant reassessment, given two new studies that indicate crustaceans feel pain and stress.
The findings add to a growing body of evidence that virtually all animals, including fish, shellfish and insects, can suffer.

Thoughts can not be seen,
but they can be expressed.

Stars being born in the Orion Nebula.

Understanding how stars form
and why they are so hard to make does much more than just foretell our far-off cosmic future. Star birth also explains where the atoms in our bodies come from and why the universe looks the way it does today. As astronomer John Bally of the University of Colorado puts it, “Star formation is the single most important process for determining the fate and evolution of normal matter in the universe.”

For the complete
story and a star making game, CLICK HERE.

Timing


New feature in Google Documents

I recently downloaded around 8 different drawing programs for a project I was working on. I am still learning how to work them. Some are not what I want, they go in the trash. Some of them I paid for, I will keep them. But today, as I was writing this, I looked up and saw there were some new features. Is it a coincidence that there is a drawing program now in Google Documents?

I love the way my life is working. Every day I am shown some wonderful expressions of a Higher Power.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

I Believe -Joe Satriani

Observe and Be Amazed

No comments: