Tuesday, September 22, 2009

OMG

Don't Look Now

Morning glory on avocado plant. 9/21/09

I was up bright and early
yesterday morning to take pictures of Ginger's morning glory/avocado plant. The pictures needed a little encouragement, so the artist in me had to be summoned. I believe it's an improved image.

The Great Communicator


The rest of us got Dick Cheney and Karl Rove.

Bans on smoking in public places have had a bigger impact on preventing heart attacks than ever expected, data shows.

Smoking bans cut the number of heart attacks in Europe and North America by up to a third, two studies report. STORY HERE


When I was smoking, I was convinced there was no such thing as second hand smoke related health problems.

I can be very convincing
in defense of my addictions. I am not sure which was harder; Quitting the cigarettes, or winning the inner debate over the drug induced feeling of well being that I thought trumped good health and fully oxygenated blood.

The Galactic Center


Heart of the Milky Way. (Chandra X-ray Observatory)

This is just a portion of the image you can see HERE.

In case the 104 degree
weather, here, disagrees with you, I give you a picture from the foothills of Denver.
Autumnal Equinox


Fall has fell in Colorado. (Image - 9news.com, Denver)

"I Was Black Before I Became President"

Funny stuff on Letterman last night.

In case you missed the Letterman show, you can see our president answer Dave's question about race and the crazy-right-wing-nut-protesters, HERE.

Todays Relatively Appropriate Song;
Ball Of Confusion - The Temptations

Hope

No comments: