Tuesday, September 8, 2009

While This Gets Sorted Out

I'll Just Be Over Here

Healthy, Happy Phil.

My search for a Primary Care Physician in Redding, continues.

Some of you
who have been following this story have shared the elation, deflation, aggravation, and operation phase of my progress through the twisted path, chutes and ladders of the American health care system, as it exists today.

To think that there must be
a better way seems to inspire the insurance company writers to write scores of "talking point-sound bite" copy for the Fox news talk show hosts. This, in turn, excites the ignorant viewers to oppose anything that would hurt the insurance companies profit margin, even though they are denying themselves improved health care options!

Well I cant fix stubborn
ignorance, but I can try to find ways to get medical treatment with what is available, while I wait for common sense to float down from the sky like the Rabbi Jesus in the second coming. (A lot of people around here expect The Rapture at any moment.)

I got a referral to
a doctors office today, from the lady who runs the Shasta Blues Society. She gave me the name of her doctor and I called, but they are no longer taking new patients with Medicare/MediCal. We spoke for awhile and I explained how I no longer had my Primary Care Physician in Carmel, since I live here in Redding. I did mention that Dr. Grady recently did a hernia repair, but that I am looking for a GP to be my PCP. She asked what a PCP was. I spelled it out and she gave me the number of another doctor who has some Medi/Medi patients and could possibly be my PCP. I said thanks, and called the number.

I spoke with a nice voice who identified herself as, Heather. ( I resisted jokes about how she should be working for an allergist.) She informed me that the doctor was not accepting any new patients, but there was a Nurse Practitioner in that office who is. I said that would be fine with me, (again, holding back the jokes). She said she would send me some forms to fill out and return and, if I qualify, they will set up an appointment. I gave her my contact information and she said she would mail the paperwork today. I said thank you.

This could be
an important moment in my progress toward good health and well being.

The Evolution Of God


567 pages of text, notes, appendices, etc.

Reading this is a long process.


This guy must have been paid by the word. Actually, God, is a big subject, so I guess one should expect a big book.

I think he may not
have needed to always use 20 references where a couple would have been sufficient, but I have to give him credit for being painstakingly thorough. This does help make the evidence incontrovertable, but he is not going to get any argument from people like me who are likely to agree with his findings, anyway.

I like his comparison
of a stock analyst and a Shaman. A few lucky guesses and people come to believe you can make sense of the mysterious and unpredictable. They will believe you have the power to predict the will of God, or the fickle behavior of the stock market.

I will keep reading
, "The Evolution Of God", by Robert Wright, hopefully finishing before I meet God in the next life. If he writes something unexpected, I will report it in my next post.

Lost World


A team of scientists from Britain, the United States and Papua New Guinea found more than 40 previously unidentified species when they climbed into the kilometre-deep crater of Mount Bosavi and explored a pristine jungle habitat teeming with life that has evolved in isolation since the volcano last erupted 200,000 years ago.

By clicking the links
above, you can see and read more about this amazing undiscovered land that time forgot.

Todays Relatively Appropriate Song;

Quiet Village - Martin Denny

Sweet Mystery

No comments: