Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Splashing About

Water

I pour some pictures,
words, and links,
upon the page,
for your enjoyment.

Fall Fountain

See this and more City Hall fountain images HERE

Mercury
Video of Mercury being left behind HERE

Profiteering
$10,000 a second is making rich republicans richer.
http://costofwar.com/

No Corkscrew? No Problem

WATCH

New "Free" Phone



I got a new cell phone today. Every 2 years, Verizon encourages it's subscribers to re-up for another 2 years. Part of this encouragement includes a "free" phone. Of course they would like you to upgrade to something more pricey, with lots of features that increase your monthly bill, but it is possible to get a relatively free phone.

I upgraded to a phone that has Bluetooth. It's not that I want one of those things stuck in my ear, but instead, I think there is a way to access the internet with my laptop using Bluetooth and the cell phone. This would come in handy when I am somewhere without WI-FI. We shall see. The phone is free, once I receive my $50 rebate, and it has some other features that my "old" phone didn't have. (Like picture caller ID.) This will come in handy when I don't have my glasses to read the name of the caller. I will see their picture. I get to choose the pictures. That could be amusing.

The battery
for my cell phones tends to wear out after 2 years, so this works out just fine. A free phone is cheaper than a $60 battery.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Call Me - Blondie


Think

No comments: