Monday, January 19, 2009

Nice Weather We Are Having

Here In Redding


From the Cascade theater ceiling
I went to see a couple of guys from, "Who's Line Is It Anyway?"

One of my friends named Mike, (there are several Mike's I consider to be friends), had tickets and invited me to join him at the Cascade theater, Saturday night. The theater has been renovated and is really nice.

Mike said that during the renovation, the people cleaning the ceiling discovered the paintings of tastefully posed, naked women, underneath the layers of nicotine. It was a delightful surprise for the restoration people.

I took a couple of pictures without the flash, (I didn't want to disturb the other people in the audience).

Cascade theater ceiling


Cascade Theater
The show was great. I laughed until tears were pouring down my face. If you see these guys advertised in your neck of the woods, I would recommend you go see them.

The neon and light bulbs have been restored to their original splendor.

For more,...CASCADE THEATER


Guys from "Who's Line Is It Anyway?"

Rally In The Park


Patricia Barret, advocate for the homeless at 1/17/09 rally.

Redding residents are planning
a protest at city hall to speak out in opposition to a utility rate increase that was passed by the city council without the benefit of public input. I read in the on-line newspaper, that Patricia Barret, (one of the supporters of the rally), would be in attendance at the pre-rally, rally at Caldwell park.

Patricia is a regular contributor to the comment section that follows local news stories, on-line. She supports more help for the homeless.

I too, comment somewhat regularly, and thought this would be a good time to meet her, face to face, and introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Happy Phil, from the comment section." "Nice to meet you."

TV camera lady captures Happy Phil at rally 1/17/09
There were lot's of TV and news people there. Some of us with cameras found it entertaining to take pictures of each other. A good time was had by all. The protest is scheduled for February 3rd.

TV camera lady captured by Happy Phil at rally. 1/17/09

"Always Room For Cello"

John shows old and new faces of cello 1/15/09
Last Thursday, I stopped in at John Harrison's Violin Shop to talk about the band we are putting together for the Shasta Blues Society Valentines night. I took some pictures of his violins with my new 10 mega pixel camera, to compare with some pictures I had taken last May with my 3.2 mega pixel camera.

While we talked and I took pictures, he directed me to a cello he was working on. He had carved a new front piece that he felt brought out the character of this particular cello, and showed me the differences. By carving the slope, or bow of the front piece with more or less angle, it can compliment the rest of the body, and produce the best sound.

To see more pictures of John's instruments, click HERE

Damp varnish

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Piggies -Beatles (Listen to the cello's)

Faith

No comments: