Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome To The 21st Century

New Stuff

Flashing warning sign on Austin, Texas road.

Drivers have being warned to watch out for zombies – by official roadside signs.

Motorists on the busy road in Austin, Texas, were met with electronic warning signs telling them: "CAUTION! ZOMBIES! AHEAD!!!"

Seconds later they were advised to 'RUN FOR COLD CLIMATES' and that 'THE END IS NEAR!!!!!'


I love this stuff.
The Texas highway department failed to see the humor.

New Equipment


Laptop Phil writing this blog post. 1/29/09

How nerdy can I get?

You could never tell I was belting out the blues at Lu Lu's a couple of hours ago. We had a good time playing as usual. I am so glad the crowd had fun too.

I am sitting with my Mac book on my lap, writing this and watching HDTV on the monitor I got for this laptop. I was going to just get a 24" iMac, but once I found out that the Mac book has a super drive, I saw a way to use an HDTV for a large monitor and have the convenience of the laptop and stay within my budget. The possibilities are endless.


What a wonderful way to write. (I have the sound muted)

Here you see what I see, from where I sit, composing this post that you are reading.
There still are a couple of things that I need to get to make this all work as desired, but so far, I am dazzled by the improvements that have been made in the last 10 years. I have a cable to hook up to the HDMI port on the TV, but I have to order an adapter to attach it to the mini display port.
I need to upgrade iLife 08 to iLife 09 for some of the features I desire. I will do that tomorrow. I am still learning some of the new features in iPhoto 08. I had actually thought that the Mac couldn't get much better than what I had. Ha, ha, ha! I am truly amazed.
I look forward to discovering the many new wonders and technological advances I now have at my fingertips. I am glad I get to share my joy of discovery with you. I hope you will share my exuberance.

What A Universe

Centaurus A. Composite image from 3 telescopes.

The vast detail of this picture is made possible by merging data from three telescopes operating in three wavelengths: one in the x-ray, one in the optical and one in the relatively long-wavelength submillimeter realm. The radio jets emanating from the galaxy's center mark the location of a suspected supermassive black hole. (In a future post, we will explore ComaBerenices, once I find enough pictures.)
So That's Widescreen HDTV

This is great!

The prime time and late shows are broadcast in wide screen high definition, and it is stunning. This would be perfect for reviews. One could type while watching, and post a critique on line at the moment the show concludes. (Or chat during the super bowl.)
Time to go to the iMac and edit this post.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
This is one of the tunes we are considering for our next LMP Trio CD.
Twilight Time -The Platters

Comfort And Joy

No comments: