Tuesday, October 27, 2009

WI-FI Hot Spot

Modem Shmodem

Spooky moon, and not even Halloween, yet.

The high speed DSL modem
went out on me last night. I tried to resuscitate the thing, but it couldn't stay on line. I called ATT services this morning and spoke to a nice lady who was very helpful in assisting with the diagnostic process. While I was holding the reset button for 30 seconds, I found out that in her country they have rock and roll, her favorite band is Aerosmith, and her 10 year old daughter is learning to play the guitar.

She helped me attempt
to resurrect the Gateway 2-wire, but it was no use. She very nicely introduced me to another nice lady who made arrangements to send me a new replacement modem, for free. ( $12.50 shipping and handling charge will appear on my next bill.) She said it is coming on UPS, and should be here within 3 days.

This brings me to
where I am now; The Redding Library.

On the sunny side of the library. 10/27/09

I can see the Alano club from here. This is a really nice library. I have written about it many times, but this is the first time I have used the WI-FI service. It's free, and what's more, I just noticed that there are multiple outlets on the floor by each table. Next time, probably tomorrow, I will bring the power cord for my MacBook.

New Band Stuff


New business card with Johns Violin Shop phone #.

I have a tendency to give away my music, and this is not good business sense. I have been referring people who want to book the band to John Harrison, (Lead guitar and businessman). I tell them he is in charge of the calendar and booking.

You may notice that the band now has it's own email address. We also have YouTube, and MySpace sites under our name. I put one video up on YouTube, but will wait until we decide what songs to put on myspace. Oh yeah, we have a Twitter account, too.

Wednesday we plan
to record in Marks garage, with an ear toward demo songs for booking and promotion.
John and Mark in authentic garage band, garage.

The idea is to have sites that are specifically for the band. The way it is now, the band has been sharing space with my other projects, and it might appear less than professional. I will be adding a couple more sites, like a blog and a .com, after I get the new modem.

So there you have it, the latest info, sent to you by way of the Redding library WI-FI. I love this stuff.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Sweet Talkin' Woman - ELO


Goodness

No comments: