Sunday, August 16, 2015

Day At The Movie

On TV, Anyway

Distant Calling Bird.jpg
“...and furthermore”, cried the treetop bird

When I was younger, I would spend days and nights on end watching movies on TV.

Now I feel I am wasting time if I am not doing something that requires more than just looking at a TV screen. I suppose muting the commercials might be loosely considered as interaction, but there are so many actual actions I can do instead of just watching TV for 2 or 3 hours.

Unstoppable.jpg
Unstoppable drive to bloom

Like writing, playing music, shooting pictures and video, editing pictures and video, repairing broken items or writing a blogpost. I could even have been organizing and sorting through some of the accumulated stuff I tend to gather in assorted piles.

Wasp?.jpg
Just noticed this nest stuck on a tree, Saturday

It was one of the Die Hard movies, specifically designed to keep my attention, and it did. Every scene was predictable, but done in such a way as to keep this person's mind on the edge of his seat.

Still...I might have gone to the lake to take some pictures, or someplace where I could sing outloud without disturbing my neighbors. Instead, I was loafing this afternoon at home.

B B 2.jpg
Treehouse bird in the bush (bramble?)

I am a bit saddened to see that Yahoo news has become just another right wing propaganda outlet. At least one Yahoo news article a day repeats the lies about the financial stability of the Social Security and Medicare programs.

Anti Social Security and anti Medicare stories are cooked up by anti government sources who want to get their capitalist free market hands on the $3 trillion Social Security trust, and they are really upset that Medicare is financially healthy thanks to the success of “Obamacare”.

Dway Red 4.jpg
Red rose last week

Sorry to see Yahoo has gone the way of all TV news, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Christian Science Monitor and The New York Times; They have become nothing more than echo chambers for right wing propaganda.

Today’s Video;


Defund The War Department

No comments: