Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The New Year Beckons With Open Arms

Part Two

Sunny day at the river 12/30/08
Wow! Another year has gone by, and what a year it was. I am much happier and my out look is healthier since I followed the light to Redding. Since I have been living here, I have shed a few old habits and grown into a lighter, brighter, me. I love it.

Another bridge across the Sacramento River 12/30/08
Sandi suggested I go on down the road past her house, where there are some photogenic places to see. I did, and she was right. I am still editing the 50 or so pictures I took. When I am done I will upload them to my Picasa photo albums so you can see for yourself. In the meantime, here are a couple of river shots to whet your whistle.

Along the Sacramento River



Roll Out The Piano


How cool is this? It's a keyboard that rolls out when you want to play. The headphone jack allows you to plug in to a sound system and it sounds powerfully good. It has most of the regular piano, organ, marimba, horns, strings, and stuff you expect to find in a keyboard these days, plus it can record your song ideas while you are out in the woods, or wherever you go to write music.
I hope to have recorded a song and video using this, by the time I post this page in my blog.
I got it at Rite Aide, on sale, for $15.

Bass-$50, Piano-$15, hours of fun-Priceless.

Whew! I did it. I just about wore out my old equipment getting this done on time, but I think I managed to write, record, and upload a video in a matter of a few hours. This is fun. I am learning new stuff, step by step. It just gets better and better.
Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Step By Step By Step -Me

Happy New Year

No comments: