Thursday, December 18, 2008

This Is My 101st Post On Phil's Place

Jumping Jupiter

Jupiter and Ganymede in newly released image.

Ganymede is the largest of Jupiter's four moons, with a diameter of about 3,270 miles (5,262 km).
Jupiter is so big that only part of its southern hemisphere can be seen in the Hubble image.

Flinging Stars

The Southern Pinwheel Galaxy, M83
The blue and pink pinwheel in the center is the galaxy's main stellar disk.
The galaxy's farthest-flung clusters of young stars are up to 140,000 light-years from its center.
The gaseous hydrogen atoms, or raw ingredients for stars, make up the arms.
Astronomers are excited that the clusters of baby stars match up with the extended arms

Sock and Awe

Throw Shoes at Bush Video Game. Play for Free. Fun.
This is Funny. TRY IT

Video Here At Last
You may have noticed a new addition to Phil's Place. The video player. One of the features of my new digital camera is that it will record videos. I have been experimenting with uploading, and what type of video file works best.

Rudolf
is the un-edited file from the camera. I did an edited version, but the sound was messed up like the little blues santa. The microphone in the camera is surprisingly good. Look for more raw sounds in the future.

When I uploaded the dancin' blues singing santa, I tried a couple of export file types from iMovie. The sound didn't come out too good, so tonight I recorded a new sound track.
I hope to put it on in place of the crummy one.
It could take some time.
Maybe by tomorrow.

Recording bass for, "Santa's Comin' To Your House".
I noticed that the little blues Santa guy was playing a 3 string bass, so I wrote a blues song for 3 string bass and vocal. We shall see and hear how it works out. If it's okay, then I can use the editing features of iMovie for the picture, and record and enhance the sound track in a different program, and add it somewhere along the line.
Steamed Stir Fry

I love vegetables and they love me.
I tried another brand of veggies in a bag that you can cook in the microwave for 4 minutes and they are steamed. So far, both were tasty and tender without being limp or soggy. What a great idea.

I am not very likely to be eating at the Food Court in the mall, but I saw this article that you might find interesting.

WORST MALL FOOD IN AMERICA

Quizno’s
Large Tuna Melt Club with cheese and dressing
1,820 calories
147 g fat (27 g saturated, 1.5 g trans)
2,020 mg sodium
85 g carbs


CALORIC EQUIVALENT:
12 Taco Bell Fresco Style Beef Tacos!
Read more about mall food HERE

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
No Spinach
Shirley Temple, Jack Haley, Alice Fay

Peace

No comments: