Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Part 1 of Ringing Out The Old Year

Out With The Old ?

A diamond is forever, since 1948
De Beers diamond company hired the ad agency N.W. Ayer & Son in 1939. They launched the, "Diamonds Are Forever", campaign to promote diamond engagement rings. In 1999, De Beers chairman Nicky Oppenheimer confessed, "Diamonds are intrinsically worthless, except for the deep psychological need they fill.”

I am always amazed that this story appears about every 10 years, like it's news. Then I remember that most people have to be reminded every day to eat at Mac Donalds.


Nothing is Safe From Humans



Star gazing in Death Valley is getting washed out.

Chrissy and I used to love to camp out in Death Valley.

The night sky was spectacular.

We were a fortunate couple.

Viva Las Vegas

(Tip; Click on the spade)


Strange Structures

(From my neighbor, Jo Anna)


Mammy's Cupboard Natchez, Mississippi

Solar Furnace Odeillo, France

Some Colorful Pictures
(From my Sister, Sue.)

Horses in the snow


Yo ho ho Matey

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Ride Captain Ride - Blues Image

"If my ship sails from sight, it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends."
John Enoch Powell

No comments: