Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All That Fits

Size Matters

I was using my other computer tonight to print some greeting cards, and while I was selecting photos that I had sent to my picasa web site, I thought I would visit my blog. Very interesting...I didn't realize that the pages had become too big for my old iMac to handle.

This means that some of you have been having problems getting all the pictures on the page.

I am sorry. I will try to keep each post to a reasonable size.

I really like sharing my thoughts, photos, and other media with you.

Your host, Happy Phil

Star Storm


Carina Nebula
This was picture taken from the telescope in Chile.
ScienceDaily (Feb. 17, 2009)
— The latest ESO image reveals amazing detail in the intricate structures of one of the largest and brightest nebulae in the sky, the Carina Nebula (NGC 3372), where strong winds and powerful radiation from an armada of massive stars are creating havoc in the large cloud of dust and gas from which the stars were born.

Heart of My Heart

There are 7 hearts in this painting

These are a couple of pictures I left out of my valentines post that I liked, but didn't have room for.

Who knew?

Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite

Bed bugs on the move

Brooklyn Bedbug Busters
This was creepy. There is a major infestation of bed bugs in New York City. Even the fancy hotels and penthouses are not immune. The last time I was in New York, was the late 60's. It was uncomfortable for me to be packed into such a small space with millions of people. I guess it's heaven for a bed bug.
You can read the article HERE

Making A Song List

Every now and then, we might get a stunning moment of illuminated truth. A clarity of vision that stands tall and high above the normal murmuring crowd of average conclusions. Tonight I did. I had one of those rare insights into my own convoluted mental mechanization's.
I saw clearly into my music as never before. (As far as I can remember.)
I don't write songs for me to perform! I write songs for the song itself.
There has always been a disconnect between the music I write, and the music I perform. I thought it was a dichotomy of character; Artist vs. Performer. I have come to the conclusion that it's not that at all. I write songs that I want to hear, I sing songs that I like to sing.
Sometimes I perform a song I have written.
Simple.
I am glad that's settled.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song
Don't Worry, Be Happy
Bobby McFerrin

Relax

No comments: