Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Welcome Rain in Redding

Rainy Tuesday and Wednesday

Sundial bridge in the rain...............................2/10/09
There was an article in the local paper about the cost of replacing the glass panels on the Sundial Bridge.

Laminated, 3 layer, 160 lb., $416, glass panels. 2/10/09
City to Spend $10,000
For New Glass Panels

Picture from Redding Record Searchlight....2/10/09

Some people were outraged
and submitted their grumpy comments.
I just had to reply;

Posted by HappyPhil on February 10, 2009 at 3:41 p.m.


Wow! Some people love to complain. I enjoy reading the comments. I can see that, over time, the complainers lives don't seem to get any better, but they do make the positive comments shine like beacons of commonsense.


My camera doesn't show the cobwebs when I take pictures of the bridge, unless I am really up close looking for them as pieces of natural art.


I like to imagine that the impacts that break the panels are from the seasonal meteor showers.


I wonder if the old panels can be used to repair potholes, or turned into something like "Sundial Bridge" magnifying glasses.

After reading the article, I am confident that Dan Cannon will do the right thing.


Rainy days are picturesque and magically moody down at the Sundial Bridge, too.


To read the article and comments, click HERE .


I went to The Bridge

I shot some video in the rain.....................2/10/09

I took some pictures in the rain.........................2/10/09

Mt. Seymour
Mountains named after Governors, named Seymour.


Mount Seymour

I got an e-mail from my brother, Jerry, with a picture of a store called; Spirits of Mt. Seymour. It's in Vancouver. I figured if there is a Mt. Seymour, it's probably on a Google map. Yep, and in Google images too.

Mount Seymour
To get the latest snow report and event calendar;
http://www.mountseymour.com/today/snow
They have a valentines weekend ski special.

Hiking, fishing, camping and skiing, oh my!

Mount Seymour-BC

I did a Google search for Mount Seymour and got 438,000 results! Who knew? (Well, obviously, at least 438,000 people).

Wikipedia says; Mount Seymour is most commonly identified for its ski area of the same name, and as a popular hiking area. It is named in honour of Frederick Seymour, second governor of the Colony of British Columbia.

While I was reading about the Canadian mountain, I came across another Seymour mountain in New York.

Seymour Mountain


This one in New York is named after Horatio Seymour.

Seymour Mountain is a mountain located in Franklin County, New York, named after Horatio Seymour (1810–1886), Governor of New York (1853–1854, 1863–1864). The mountain is part of the Seward Mountains of the Adirondacks.

That's enough of the family name for this post, but it is fun to find stuff like this. Mountains named after Governors named Seymour.

Neutron Star is Video Star

To see the video of SGR J1550-5418, click HERE

The Swift satellite's X-Ray Telescope captures an apparent halo of X-ray light expanding outward from SGR J1550-5418. This gigantic star is 40 times greater mass than our sun, and is located 30,000 light-years away in the constellation Norma.


February 11th is my 3rd ex-wife's birthday. Also, it's our anniversary. We don't exchange presents or pleasantries these days, but we had a good time while it lasted. Have a happy day, Vicky, wherever you are.

Interesting Coffee

Fancy coffee was on sale at Raleys................2/11/09

Interesting Book

I found this in the Library's new releases section.

The rehearsal with my new band went well today. We should have a lot of fun at Thursdays Valentines show. We play from 8 to 9.

I stopped at the store on my way home for a few items and saw there was a sale on coffee. Tanzanian sounded like an adventure, so I got some. I think it will go well with the book I am reading, which is mysterious and adventuresome. It somehow ties together Cain and the story of superman. It's 5:30PM, it's raining, the temperature is 40 degrees, and my easy chair is calling to me.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Sing a Simple Song
-Sly and the Family Stone

Peace is Good

No comments: