Uses For Used Grounds;
- Touch up furniture and other wood scratches with grounds and a Q-tip.
- Sprinkle around areas where pesky insects, slugs and snails dwell to drive them away.
- Mix with soil as a natural fertilizer for plants.
- Dye clothing or paper.
- Rub into your dog as an organic flea dip.
- Fill old nylons and hang in your closet or fridge to repel odors.
- Use to fill old pin cushions.
- Scrub away grease and grime from pots and pans.
- Throw on ashes before cleaning out the fireplace to reduce dust from spreading.
- Feed to worms to help with your garden.
- Rub on your hands to eliminate odors.
- Mix ¼ grinds with one egg white and massage onto face like a mud pack.
How's The Weather?
Happy to have rain here in Redding. 5/3/09
Here is a sample;
"The Monday wave will tap a rich moisture plume stretching all the way back to the steamy subtropics off the Philippines. Precipitable water values in this plume will approach 1.65 inches, which is well above anything we've seen so far this season."
Here is the whole report; FORECAST
Now You See It
Sara Watson and disappearing car. (photo-BBC news)
A design student made a battered old Skoda "disappear" by painting it to merge with the surrounding car park.
Sara Watson, who is studying drawing at the University of Central Lancashire (Uclan), took three weeks to transform the car's appearance.
She created the illusion in the car park outside her studio at Uclan's Hanover Building in Preston.
"It's Lettuce By A Head."
Long shot, "Mine That Bird", wins the Kentucky derby.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Reuters) - Mine That Bird, a 50-1 longshot ridden by Calvin Borel, drew away from the field in the stretch to win the Kentucky Derby Saturday in the second-biggest upset in America's most prestigious race.
Putt-putt does not pollute.
The air in India's cities is practically unbreathable.
Air cars and motorcycles could provide a breath of fresh air.
"What's This Red Button Do?"
If the shoe fits,
get another one just like it.
(Thanks Jo Anna)
Todays Relatively Appropriate Song;
Just Walkin' In The Rain - Johnny Ray (1956)
In The Flow