Sunday, September 23, 2012

Letting A Little Magic

Into My Life



Some days I might try to move ahead of my cog in the wheel of destiny, but a long line and a slow checker, or some other delaying factor will make sure I arrive at the right place at the right time, no matter how hard I try to change the pace.



This evening, it was my feeling that there was going to be a picturesque sunset moment when the clouds in the west would light up in living color for a brief and beautiful display of nature’s splendor.



I began my photo adventure at the Treehouse by testing my cameras from the second floor landings of A and B buildings about an hour before the actual sunset. The results were not particularly impressive, so I made plans to go to the store to pick up something for dinner and to see how things might look just off Masonic, at a spot above the homeless camp there.



The western sky was just starting to get a little pink as I parked to pop into the dollar store to pick up some ibuprofen. Activity in the store was not going according to my plan, but being philosophical in spirit, I accepted that I was probably where I should be at that time, ( “Wherever you go, there you are”, and other 60’s hippie, zen-like slogans crossed my mind. )

Eventually a second checker opened a register and beckoned me to lane 4. I was relieved of a couple of dollars plus tax, and out the door with two containers of ibuprofen.



As I stepped out of the store, the sky was beginning to light the clouds with a red glow that seemed to come from within some of them. I considered getting the camera out and taking pictures right there, but the fast food joints and lights on poles didn’t belong in my vision of natures enchanting magnificence.



The photo spot that I had in mind was just across the way, so I got in the Buick and headed out of the parking lot to get on Masonic and, wouldn’t you know, there was a big blue city bus blocking the way as it slowly turned around in the cul de sac.

I finally pulled in on the dirt road where I knew I could get clear shots that would include Shasta Bally. I got the Lumix and stepped outside just as the clouds in the western sky were set ablaze.
 


I took as many composition shots as I could during the few minutes the sky was lit with color and character, then headed over to Raley’s to pick up some veggie lasagna. The cogs and gears that fit my existence on the cosmic wheel of life, are once again aligned with my state of being. All is well with the world at this juncture of time and Phil’s Place.

Today’s Timely Video;



A Good Time To Be Alive

No comments: