Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ups and Downs

Of Updates and Upgrades



There have been several updates and upgrades over the last few days. Over all, that is good. New features are now available, my Apple products/devices are even more interconnected, and some of my software/apps are chock full of new capabilities and functions.



Some of these upgrades are pushing my 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor beyond its comfort zone, and it takes extra time for it to handle the increased data load. This, when combined with the recent update to iPhoto was more than it could handle last night when I was editing some pictures of the moon. They simply went away, along with the previous import.



Lucky for me, I had pulled a few of those lost images onto the desktop earlier, before the vanishing act. I move the images during the first viewing if I see especially interesting pictures that I want to play with in some of my editing and production software. I am glad I did.
 


As for all those shots I took of the moon last night, well...tonights moon was a good one for pictures, too. Everything is satisfactory.



Tomorrow, provided I get up early, I plan to go to Jim Reed’s press conference on the steps of the county courthouse. He is one of the people I am voting for, so it is a great opportunity to hear what he has to say for himself. Maybe I will get to ask a question or two.



One more fun sunset;



Today’s Selected Video;

Sagrada Familia (Ode à la vie) - Démo officiel from Moment Factory on http://vimeo.com">Vimeo
.

Impressive

No comments: