Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pearls Of Perusal

Offered Freely

Fascinating developments

Another look at the history of barbecue from The Smithsonian. I enjoy reading different writers observations when it comes to the origins of popular cooking methods. This is a comprehensive overview that includes a link to the book from which the author gathered most of the information.

Just add cereal and milk

And, while leafing, thumbing, clicking through the Smithsonian, I also found this history of the first postage stamp.

Stalking the organic blueberries

It’s all in how you look at it.

I think that’s one way of making lemonade out of lemons.

I am not immune to feeling the blues. Heck, some of my best songs were written from the bottom of the well of despair. Even though I am called Happy Phil, I still have moments when I let myself be hurt because things didn’t go the way I expected. It happens to all of us at one time or another.

Sunlit yellow roses

It is during those upsetting times, that practice pays off. Daily affirmations, looking for and finding beauty and magic in the world, each and every day, helps to keep me in tune with the harmony of the universe. That way, my problems seem petty and insignificant compared to experiencing the vastness that we are all made of.

Tiny beauty amidst the thorns

If you have wondered what the latest research on the human brain has revealed, and you have a few minutes to read a well written overview, you can find many answers, HERE.

Mount Lassen yesterday

It is nice and warm this evening. The supermoon might be visible through the haze as it rises in the East. I shall see what magic it might create in the sensor of the Lumix FZ35.

Photography, 900 million miles from here is even trickier. In today’s video, see how the images from the Cassini spacecraft look when strung together.

Today’s Well Constructed Video;

.
Observing This Fantastic Universe

No comments: