Friday, June 27, 2014

Time Well Spent

In Quiet Contemplation

Pumpkin Custard Pie.jpg
Jackie’s pumpkin custard pie

Even though there was no music on Monday, Jackie and Darlene brought treats to the diningroom for those of us who have become accustomed to spending our time together each Monday afternoon. We have some very nice people here at the Treehouse. Peggy Richardson and I look forward to resuming the Treehouse Music Jamboree this coming Monday, June 30.

Hidden Beauty.jpg
Hidden beauty in the bush

Looking back on this week it has been fairly busy and yet I managed to catch more quality meditation time than I have in months.  It is a good thing and helps to keep a balance between this crazy monkey civilization and cosmic order.

Best Yet.jpg
My apple pie this week

It gets my dander up when I read about the latest rulings that the right wing supreme court justices are getting away with. It is a good thing that I can envision the ultimate power of the universe and put our earthly foibles into proper perspective.

Meditation helps me maintain balance in my heart and mind.

June Horizon.jpg
Magnificent sky above Lassen Volcanic Park

I have found that many of the “Amazing Scientific Discovery” stories that flood the media, are simply advertisements and promotions for products and services. I know it has always been thus, but with the advent of so many places and platforms to present ones sales pitch, it has become a 24 hour blitz of bogus news stories.

Red And White.jpg
Rose at Kathern’s gate

Usually, the true story is revealed about ¾ of the way through an article. It is there that the “Colossal New Theory That Changes Everything” is attributed to something John Doe says in his new book/movie/TV show/exhibition this month. There generally is no scientific review or basis in reality for whatever John Doe is espousing.

Most people don’t read past the headline and very few finish the first paragraph, so people will register the headline and repeat the misinformation from an article they “read”. The next thing you know people are not vaccinating their kids or they buy all new 'diet' tennis shoes.

Quail.jpg
Backyard quail

There really are some astonishing discoveries and technological advancements that are reshaping our world, you just have to get around all the shouting to find the good stuff.

Want to see 4 years of a star erupting in a 48 sec time lapse video? Here you go. Light from this sudden eruption is illuminating the interstellar dust surrounding the star, producing the most spectacular "light echo" in the history of astronomy.

Just What I Saw.jpg
Just like I pictured it

I think I will return to the practice of including links to some of the more engaging and informative stories, articles, and sites I find significant. I used to do that here on this blog a few years ago and somehow shifted away from collecting links.

Watch for some new and extraordinarily game changing ways to link to astounding discoveries in future editions of Phiiiiillll’sss Plaaaaaccce (sound of rocketship engaging warp drive).

Today’s Ebru Video;

.
Daily Renewal

No comments: