Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Precipitation On The Precipice

How's The Weather?

Raindrops from my balcony. 6/9/09

From an email I sent this morning;
The rain last night was great. I got a chance to enjoy my apartment the way I intended. I turned on my little TV light, put in a DVD, (Spiderwick Chronicles), and watched while listening to the rain outside. It was 2 in the morning, but, hey, it's my place and I can do what I want.

The little TV lamp that created the perfect ambience.

What a revelation. I have my place set up to be the kind of place I would enjoy living in, and I actually used it.

There have been many
places over the years, that contained stuff I didn't actually use, or need. I would usually let someone else do the decor. One time, in Houston, I simply gave the keys to a decorator, and left town for a few days while he transformed my townhouse. It had a swimming pool I never used. I barely remember the place.

More Than One Of Me

Fun with a little program called photo booth.

Last night I was doing some redecorating on happyphil.com, and I had a chance to write in my blog while I was there. It is different than this one.
Check it out, HERE.


Modern Convenience

At least you don't have to crank the wringer.

Garie sent me
an email today that had a link to a page of nostalgia. HERE

I went there and saw a few pictures that got me to thinking...

We Forgot How To Save $

Everybody saved green stamps in the 1950's

When I read the little card that the lady with freckles and claws is holding, I realized that we are responsible for our economy. The card asks the question, "What is economy for you?" We were taught to stay within our budget and to find ways to stretch our dollars when I grew up in the 50's and 60's. It's time to return to basic economics in our lives. Too many of us drank champagne on a beer income and blame everybody but ourselves for the present financial predicament. Just stop it!


Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Gettin' There - Mose Allison

Be Thankful For What You've Got

No comments: