Saturday, July 25, 2009

Early Morning

Farmers Market

Local Shasta Honey Bee honey. 7/25/09

I got up early today to go to the Farmers Market by City Hall. I have lived here for almost 2 years, and I figured it was about time I checked out this regular Saturday morning event. There were lots of people there buying fruits and vegetables.

Colorful stuff at the Farmers Market. 7/25/09

More colorful stuff.

I bought honey and meat. Honey, collected this week, right here in Redding. I don't have allergies, but if I did, this honey would alleviate my symptoms.

The meat is from Johansen's Quality Meats. Grass fed, happy cow. No weird stockyard damaged, sick animal meat for me. They knew this cow from birth to butchering and it ate the kind of stuff that cattle are designed to eat. This means a product with balanced CLA that I can metabolize. I looked up the company on the internet. They wrote;

"CLA – remember this new acronym!
It’s going to change the way America eats for the better! It’s amazing what a difference diet really makes, for cattle and for us. When cattle eat right, beef is incredibly good for you!"

"Thompson Valley animals enjoy a completely natural diet of fresh grass and legumes that are rich in healthy compounds that are stored, in the meat, by the animal in the form of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, beta carotene and conjugated linoleic acid or CLA."


I am feeling healthier just knowing that steak is in the refrigerator.

Healthy, Happy Phil. 7/25/09

Sculpture Or Blue Plastic Tarp?

The sculpture in front of the library. 7/25/09

I dropped off a book and a DVD at the library after the market and once again thought that there was a blue plastic tarp covering something by the front door, until I got close enough to see that it was the metal sculpture they recently installed. Maybe if it was silver or aluminum colored it wouldn't look like a plastic tarp.

Let The Fun Begin

I found some interesting images while surfing the web today.







The Railroad Park Resort

Castle Crags loom in the background. 7/19/09


Sleep in a caboose. It sounds like fun. 7/19/09

I meant to write more
about my trip to Mt. Shasta, last Sunday, especially about the Railroad Park Resort. When I first stopped there in 1970 something, I met an, "old guy", that had collected a couple of railroad cars and a dream. Now it's a fully developed resort. www.rrpark.com

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Long Black Train - Lonnie Johnson, 1930


Everlasting Love

No comments: