Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Picture This

New Camera

New back up camera to replace the broken Olympus 540.

The other day I was at the Sundial bridge and the conditions were just right for some pictures. I pulled out the trusty Sanyo camera only to discover the battery was dead. I ended up taking some pictures with my cell phone, and although they were nice, the circumstance begged for better color and detail. I needed a new back up camera. The Olympus got damp during our last rainstorm and never fully recovered.

Today, when I was
at Walmart getting an extra, external hard drive, I saw an 8.1 Mega-pixel camera in a bubble pack, on a rack. It was affordable, and I figured if it was too cheesy, I could probably take it back. It's a Vivitar ViviCam 8025.
First Picture

From the second floor landing at the Treehouse.

I took a bunch of different shots to check for color, detail, focus, and to find out what it can do best.
(It's a fixed focus with a switch on the side for macro/infinity)
I put the photos in the Mac, and here are a few.


Oops! It has a calendar feature. Gotta fix that.

Nice colors. Actual date 7/13/09

Good color and detail.
This is rich.

If you would like to see these in full screen, plus a few more pictures from the new camera click HERE .

Popcorn

www.justpictureitnow.com/.../2008/12/popcorn.jpg

Traditionally, Native American tribes flavored popcorn with dried herbs and spices, possibly even chili.
They also made popcorn into soup and beer and made popcorn headdresses and corsages.
From HowStuffWorks

Manam Volcano

This is what a really good camera can do.

Manam Volcano, just off the coast of mainland Papua New Guinea, released a faint plume on June 28, 2009. The Advanced Land Imager (ALI) onboard NASA’s Earth Observing-1 (EO-1) satellite captured this photo-like image of the volcano the same day.

You can see this picture better, HERE.

Here's Looking At You

Looking into new camera. 7/13/09

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Peg - Steely Dan

Marvel

No comments: