Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Little Bit

Independent

Fireworks from my balcony

Moon and fireworks from my balcony

Moon and fireworks from, (you guessed it), my balcony.

Today was as hot as the Fourth of July.

This hasn't always been the case for me. It was rarely hot when I lived in Carmel Valley, or San Francisco.

Here in Redding, I have not been disappointed by the weather. It has been more varied than I imagined. Last year, we didn't have fireworks on the 4th of July. We had forest fires.

This year there
have been a few lightning caused fires, but the fire protection departments can handle them. I was reading a report on several fires they recently contained, or stopped and I was surprised to read that 4 of the fires were from abandoned campfires.

The Band

The Phil Seymour Band. (Photos- Bill Brashears)


Phil Seymour Band at Club 49. (Photo-Bill Brashears)

Last night, Bill Brashears gave me a disk of pictures he took last week at the CLUB 49. I hope to use them to illustrate a song or two we recorded there. In the meantime, I put them with some other music pictures, HERE.

I Know This Guy

Endangered proboscis primate of Borneo.

If I were a real cartoonist and I tried to do a caricature of my friend,
I couldn't do any better than this.

Zeppelin Comes To S.F.

Site-seeing flights start at $495 per person.

No, not the band, the airship. It is made in Germany and will be parked at Moffet field in one of the big hangars.

I didn't know, until I read this story, the difference between a blimp and a zeppelin is a frame. A blimp has no frame. Now you know, too.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Bring It On Home-Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith

Healing

No comments: