Friday, November 26, 2010

What Are You Thankful For?

Thankful For Trader Joe's

Pizza Margarita in 10 minutes. With fresh cut basil leaves. 11/24/10

The only downside to these fresh refrigerated pizzas from Trader Joe's, is that I eat the whole thing in one sitting. Unlike many people, I don't care for leftover pizza. And, since I only have 2 pieces left when I reach the point where I am sated, I go ahead and eat them rather than waste food. The alternative is to put the leftovers in the fridge and observe them as a science project until I am certain that they need to go into the garbage.

New Planet?
Harrat Khaybar in Saudi Arabia.  Image - NASA

Photographed from the International Space Station in 2008, this part of Saudi Arabia is not only large expanses of sand and gravel, but also extensive lava fields. More on this Volcanic Field.

Red Baron Where Are You?


Snoopy in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. 11/25/10

I want to thank CBS for re-running the Macy's parade at a reasonable hour on the west coast. When I got up early this Thanksgiving, (10:00AM!), I was prepared to have missed the parade, but resigned myself to the luxury of watching internet versions and You Tube videos on my computer. But, after awhile, I turned on the TV to see what was on; Lots of commercials as usual. I turned the sound off and looked up from the laptop every so often. Whaddaya know, there was the parade starting all over again. Thanks CBS.

Temporary Pet Lizard

Tiny lizard climbs on the sunblock window screen. 11/25/10

The south facing windows here in A building, have an extra screen on the outside that helps reduce the extreme effects of the summer sun on the interior of the apartments. This little guy seemed to have got himself in between the two screens. He was a lot of fun to watch as he scampered around for awhile and then left to do other lizard activities.

Thanksgiving Shasta

Shasta from vacant lot at Lake Blvd and North Market. 11/25/10

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Casteller from Mike Randolph on Vimeo.


Thankful

No comments: