Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sometimes Amazing

Always Delightful



This big beautiful pink rose appeared on another one of the scrawny little driveway rose bushes. Not only is this rose exquisitely, stunningly gorgeous, but it is nearly as large as the bush it is growing on.



As if the blooming rose isn’t enough to delight, it has some more on the way. The deep, rich color and shape of this bud promises to deliver a treat to the senses in as soon as a day or two.



The other side of the driveway has become active again, and what fascinating shapes I found when I looked closely.



I couldn’t begin to tell you what these things are called, but they keep developing and changing shape over time.



All I know is some of these flowers sure get my attention and tickle my imagination.

I took these pictures on Saturday afternoon when I returned from the Occupy Redding demonstration. For the background with these images, I used the flip side of my Greed is a type of Insanity sign from the event.

The demonstration is one in a series that will continue for years if necessary until there is some sort of social justice, ecological conservation, consequences for the greedy instead of poverty for those they exploit, and a return to democracy in the United States.

I wrote a little about the rally and included a few pictures. If you would like to see how the demonstration went, you can go there, HERE.

When I got home, I needed something to take my attention away from my back, so I washed and cut the strawberries I got on sale from Raleys.



I put the strawberries over ice cream, added some sliced banana and some whipped cream. It provided the perfect temporary relief I was seeking. The simple pleasures of life can be a treat.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;

http://bcove.me/jj86yv0t


I Hope This Works

No comments: