Friday, June 21, 2013

Long Day

National Music Day


Wild canaries between songs


I would not have known about National Music Day, had I not received an email from Guitar Center that advertized National Music Day specials.


Canary colored Daylily


It seems that there are scheduled and spontaneous live music events happening all around the country today. We, musical types, are encouraged to get out and share the gift of music in backyards, stages, and streets, on this longest day of the year.


Distant Lassen peaks through close-up leaves


I brought my guitar over to John’s violin shop and we worked on our latest song project for an hour or 2. I might take my guitar to the river, a creek, or a lake to celebrate the solstice and National Music Day around sunset and moon rise. That sounds good to me, at the moment.


Agapanthus geometric melody


There is an Old City Hall chamber music concert this evening at 7:00pm. I will be out enjoying Mother Nature’s spectacular moon rising and sun setting event occurring around the same time. I will catch the performers at one of their other performances this summer.


Bright colored Gladiolus


It’s 5:30 pm.  I had better get my cameras ready, and pack up my guitar. There are only a few hours of light left.


Hatchet ridge wind turbines


Happy Music Day everybody.


Today’s Video;




On The Wings Of Song

No comments: