Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Hit The Big Time

My Blog Got Trolled

Driveway crepe myrtle

Somewhere, a computer, programmed to spit out a carefully crafted non relevant comment when alerted that the words republic, democracy, and Fox news, were found in a blogpost, found Phil’s Place.

A light dusting of snow on Shasta

What is a troll? In this case it’s not the cute dolls made by Thomas Dam, but a program, or person that posts disruptive comments with the intent of disrupting a thread. They sometimes get paid by the word, if they can generate responses and lead the topic away from an intelligent exchanges of ideas.

In the garden of Zin

In my case, the troll will get no remuneration from the RNC, or responses of any sort, because my readers prefer communicating by sending me an email, if they wish to share their thoughts on something I may have written, or linked.

However, it is nice to know that I was one of possibly hundreds of internet postings that got that same ambiguous comment from a trolling computer program.

California Poppy

Remember to honor labor on Labor Day. I think I have written about Labor Day history a few times on this blog. Let’s see. I will type, labor day, in the blog search box and,....here’s something I wrote on September 1, 2008;

The first Labor Day holiday was celebrated on Tuesday, September 5, 1882, in New York City, in accordance with the plans of the Central Labor Union. The Central Labor Union held its second Labor Day holiday just a year later, on September 5, 1883.

Yellow Rose of Treehouse

In 1884 the first Monday in September was selected as the holiday, as originally proposed, and the Central Labor Union urged similar organizations in other cities to follow the example of New York and celebrate a "workingmen's holiday" on that date. The idea spread with the growth of labor organizations, and in 1885 Labor Day was celebrated in many industrial centers of the country.

Today, thanks to our corporately controlled government, there are very few unions or jobs to support them, but the holiday lives on.

One of Steve’s roses
 
The latest rumor amongst the Redding local musicians, has the Shasta Blues Society ending the Thursday night blues jam at Lulu’s. The jam is currently suspended while renovations are being done to the banquet room. Word has it that Sammi Barber doesn’t plan to resume having the jams there when the renovations are completed. I shall keep you posted.

Meanwhile At The Treehouse Jamboree


Photo credit-Margaret Miller



I wish you a good weekend of rest, recreation, or regular activities. I will be enjoying the air conditioned respite from our new normal summer temperatures, here in Redding.

Today’s Video;


Don’t Feed The Troll

No comments: