Sunday, August 23, 2009

Most Of The Time

It Works For Me
Enlarged section of Cygnus image. NASA/JPL

If someone asks me whether or not I believe in God, I ask them, "Which one"?

This generally lets me know their level of enlightenment. So I can use big words and shared literary experiences, or point at something shiny and walk the other way.

Cygnus. NASA/JPL

George Bleich in Hawaii

George and his son Chris where South Pacific was filmed.

I got an email from George. It looks like Hawaii agrees with him. He suggested I come over there. I told him as soon as I win the lottery I will catch the next flight.

Great Day

Happy Phil writing blog for happyphil.com 8/23/09


Looking up at Mt. Shasta from Lake Siskiyou 8/23/09


Home of the, "Lemurians". 8/23/09

In the 1880s a Siskiyou County, California, resident named Frederick Spencer Oliver wrote A Dweller on Two Planets, or, the Dividing of the Way which described a secret city inside of Mount Shasta, and in passing mentioned Lemuria. Edgar Lucian Larkin, a writer and astronomer, wrote in 1913 an article in which he reviewed the Oliver book. In 1925 a writer by the name of Selvius wrote "Descendants of Lemuria: A Description of an Ancient Cult in America" which was published in the Mystic Triangle, Aug., 1925 and which was entirely about the mystic Lemurian village at Mount Shasta. Selvius reported that Larkin had seen the Lemurian village through a telescope. In 1931 Wisar Spenle Cerve published a widely read book entitled Lemuria: The Lost Continent of the Pacific in which the Selvius material appeared in a slightly elaborated fashion. The Lemuria-Mount Shasta legend has developed into one of Mount Shasta's most prominent legends.


Read more HERE

Lemurian?

Microcebus lehilahytsara. Lemur from Madagascar.

Lemuria is named for Lemurs.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Video;
Dancing Lemurs of Madagascar

Happy

No comments: