Saturday, August 1, 2009

Enlightened Reflections

In The Midst Of A Masterpiece


An Osprey hunts to feed it's fledgling baby. 7/28/09

While I was taking pictures of the sunset at Whiskeytown lake last Tuesday, I kept hearing the high pitched call of a hungry baby bird. I finally spotted the nest on top of a telephone pole, across the road from the visitor center. I watched as a large bird came swooping into the nest to feed a baby that was just as big as the parent. What a treat.


The sun begins to drop below the clouds. 7/28/09

I went to Whiskeytown Lake to see if I could get a good picture of the huge cloud that was fanning out from the west. I got much more for my camera than I expected. The sunset was so magnificent, that the annoying sounds of the motor boats, cars, and loud radios, faded from awareness as I became absorbed into the deep humming sound of the spectacle that God was creating all around me.


Gazing at the hypnotic drama of God's show. 7/28/09









Sunset reflects on Whiskeytown Lake. 7/28/09

What I Learned About Waste

Diligent, reader and reporter, Phil. 8/01/09

I thought I was being a good recycling citizen until I read the Redding Municipal Utilities, "WasteStream", newsletter. Evidently our recycle installation cannot handle some common materials. Gadzooks! I have been carefully placing items in the recycling that don't belong.

Here are a few things that don't go in the blue recycle bin;

  • Clear plastic clamshell containers or drink cups.
  • Yogurt and sour cream containers.
  • Plastic bags
  • Shredded paper
  • Aluminum foil, or pie tins.

There is a company that sends you a collection box with a UPS return label to recycle some of these items. www.terracycle.net They even collect corks.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Dreamer - Supertramp


Be Amazed

No comments: