Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Don't Buy Those

Green Bananas

Most people I know, buy green bananas. I don't. I have tried a couple of times and watched the green bananas stay green day after day, until they turned black.

I like sliced banana on cereal and ice cream. But, I like ripe bananas, not green ones that cant be peeled, let alone, eaten.

The way I deal with this, is to buy ripe bananas.

I keep an eye on the bananas at the stores where I shop. I have to grab the ripe bananas before they take them away and replace them with green ones.

  • Alexander the Great discovered bananas in his conquest of India in 327 B.C.

  • Bananas don't grow on trees, as is commonly believed. They grow on compacted, water-filled leaf stalks that grow up to 25 feet high. They are the world's largest herb. (Source: The Packer, 9/9/89)

Produce that gives off ethylene gas itself can be enclosed in a container or bag, and essentially trapped in the gas it produces to speed up ripening. Fruits and vegetables that do not produce ethylene gas can also benefit from this method. To ripen them, simply place them in a bag or container with an ethylene gas producing fruit or vegetable, such as bananas, apples, peaches, avocados, pineapples or tomatoes.

I have tried the, "put green bananas in a paper bag to ripen", and they just stayed green. It's not a problem if I buy ripe bananas, but it is still puzzling.

Violin Shop

John and I did some recording this afternoon. Mark was busy elsewhere. The violin shop makes for a nice sounding studio. Maybe the violins hanging everywhere enrich the quality of the sounds. I was impressed with the natural reproduction in the playback.

I need to be sure the Macbook is on something stable when get around to doing the "real" recording. John and I recorded about an hour and 1/2 of songs that got lost when the Macbook got jarred and the recording program got dazed and confused. I had to force GarageBand to quit which resulted in losing the tracks. Luckily we heard enough to know that the recording was nearly identical to what we were hearing a"live" while we were playing.

With the computer up and recording again, we had time to do a couple of songs before it was time to quit. I am playing around with the tracks to see what they can do. Stay tuned.

Under Sea Volcano
Jason the robot checks out 4,000 ft. deep West Mata volcano.

Hot Lava

The lava is an extreme 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Skip The Fries

I enjoy an In-N-Out burger at least once a year, but I don't order fries or a soda. I just like the burger. Well it seems that I am inadvertently doing my body a big favor. The order of fries is a whopping 400 calories! That's more calories than the burger. I am looking forward to next November, when I get my annual In-N-Out burger.


Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Felangaye - Playing For Change



Tis The Season

No comments: