Thursday, December 31, 2009

Strike Up The Band

2010 Is Here

Times Square, New York.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As I was driving along
North Market street today, I was singing/humming the theme song from Leave It To Beaver. As I got to the bridge of the song, and the one that crosses the Sacramento river, I came to the conclusion that that TV show was weird. I used to watch it when I was a kid, faithfully following the storyline and accepting the reality of those creepy characters as they experimented with lying, cheating, stealing, and avoiding any lasting, or dreadful consequences.


Hear theme song and see characters, HERE.

I saw a couple of episodes
when I was surfing Hulu for 50's television shows, and I didn't find anything endearing or entertaining in the story or the actors. Here, in the 21st century, those people appear deviant, heartless, superficial, and loveless. I watched it in the 50's, because I was a kid and that was what was on TV. I didn't remember it being so dumb, until I saw it last year. It wasn't just dumb, but really sent a lot of mixed messages. I am glad I spent more time reading books than I watching TV when I was a kid.

Moon 12/30/09


After Mark
, John, and I got through playing and recording at the violin shop, Wednesday, I saw the moon rising as I drove into the Treehouse parking lot. It was a day before the official Blue Moon, but I knew it was time to take a picture. I am glad I did. It was raining and cloudy this evening when the "real" Blue Moon rose.
Song recorded at John's violin shop 12/30/09;
Strange Mix 3 by Phil Seymour
Band Shirt

New turtle neck shirts for the band. (photo-Sandi Taylor)

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

The Notre Dame Fight Song


Enjoy The Parades

No comments: