Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Moons-A-Plenty

Enceladus

Geyser spewing moon of Saturn. Image - Cassini Orbiter.

Ancient Egyptian Video Games

I found a bunch of on-line and download-able games HERE.

One of the blogs I like to read is Kris's Archeology Blog on About.com
Sometimes, like today, she will provide links to places I would most likely have never found on my own. In this case, the site, Talking Pyramids.com is where the games with Egyptian themes can be found.

'Akhet Khufu'

The pyramid of Khufu at Giza is explained in detail with information, images, and video at Talking Pyramids.com. You can find more information about the pyramids at this site, than any others I have seen.

Blue Moon


This New Years Eve, Thursday, December 31, Garie's birthday, in the U.S. and Canada, we will have a Blue Moon. It will be the second full moon in December, unless one lives in Australia or Asia, in which case it will be the first of two full moons in January. This is of course if you are using the Gregorian calendar.

End Of The World?



12-31-09 is the last day on my 16 month 2009 Beaches calendar. Clearly the all-knowing and mystical calendar makers at Studio 18, are predicting the "end of days" will occur on December 31st because that is when my calendar ends. I anticipate lots of garment rendering and gnashing of teeth while "real Christians" float up and away, leaving their Lexus SUV's and designer clothing behind.

I am not sure how
the flames and floods will coexist, but I will let you know, (unless the Alien spaceships mess up my internet connection).

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Blue Moon - The Marcels

No comments: