Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some Things Are Just

Funny



I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places.
He told me to quit going to those places.

Henny Youngman

Jennifer
(evilmilk.com)

Remember Burma-Shave signs?


I actually enjoyed the Burma-Shave signs. I know a lot of the billboards were 'uglifying' the landscape of the southwest, but I think Lady Bird Johnson went too far with her "Beautification of America" campaign when they took away road signs advertising Burma-Shave. If you ever traveled those long stretches of the desert-southwest as a passenger on a 1,000 mile trip, you are aware that the glorious beauty that endlessly stretches from horizon to horizon can lose its attraction after 6 or 8, 70 mph highway hours.

The Burma-Shave signs, low to the ground, did not obstruct the vista, but lifted the spirit so one could happily gaze upon the vast open spaces, while enjoying jingles, stretched out along miles and miles of highway.


You guessed it...

See the whole Burma-Shave collection HERE.


How About Those Emoticon's?


I used facebook chat
for a day or two when, for some reason, Garie could not get her regular chat to work on her computer. I didn't have a palette of emoticons and I was forced to remember the key combinations to make little smiley faces appear with my replies. There are some basics like happy :) or sad :( , but it was a good test of mental acuity to do :P, or :D.

Just in case you want to brush up on your emoticon skills, I have posted the following;

kiss :-* kiss
broken heart =(( broken heart
surprise :-O surprise
angry X( angry
smug :> smug
cool B-) cool
worried :-S worried
whew! #:-S whew!
devil >:) devil
crying :(( crying
laughing :)) laughing
Emoticon Key Combination Description
straight face :| straight face
raised eyebrows /:) raised eyebrows
rolling on the floor =)) rolling on the floor
angel O:-) angel
nerd :-B nerd
talk to the hand =; talk to the hand
call  me :-c call me
on  the phone :)] on the phone
at  wits' end ~X( at wits' end
wave :-h wave
time  out :-t time out
day  dreaming 8-> day dreaming
sleepy I-) sleepy
rolling eyes 8-| rolling eyes
loser L-) loser
sick :-& sick
don't tell anyone :-$ don't tell anyone
no talking [-( no talking
clown :O) clown
silly 8-} silly
party <:-P party

Emoticon Key Combination Description
yawn (:| yawn
drooling =P~ drooling
thinking :-? thinking
d'oh #-o d'oh
applause =D> applause
nail biting :-SS nail biting
hypnotized @-) hypnotized
liar :^o liar
waiting :-w waiting
sigh :-< sigh
phbbbbt >:P phbbbbt
cowboy <):) cowboy
I  don't want to see X_X I don't want to see
hurry  up! :!! hurry up!
rock  on! \m/ rock on!
thumbs down :-q thumbs down
thumbs up :-bd thumbs up
it  wasn't me ^#(^ it wasn't me
pirate*

These are from Yahoo, but they seem to work in other chats.
I hope your display shows them moving.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

When You're Smiling - Doris Day

Keep On Smiling

No comments: