Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Very Clear

I Leica Lumix


For the past month, I was finding myself looking at cameras that had 10x - 12x optical zoom capability. The reason is the same as ever, my cameras have the basic 3x, which is good 90% of the time, but doesn't quite capture what I see when I look at the moon, or Mount Shasta. I was drawn to cameras in the stores, in the tech reviews, and, just in case, craigslist.


I looked at some of the new 10x - 12x cameras, and I could save up the money to buy one, but the quality of the lenses seemed poor for what I had in mind. I just knew, (had a feeling, an intuition), that what I wanted, would appear eventually.


Sure enough, when I looked at craigslist on Friday, there was a Panasonic Lumix TZ1 for sale. I Googled the camera model and found out it was produced in 2006 and was one of the first "mega zoom" digital cameras.


There are internet sites
for photographers where people post their pictures. You can select the model of camera you like, and look at images that have been taken with that camera.

One such place is HERE.

There are 15,552 photos on this site that were taken with the Lumix TZ1. I have looked at about 700 so far. I can tell at a glance, now, if an image was taken by one of these cameras. There is a certain quality that speaks to me when I look at the gradients of color, depth and detail that are captured by this Leica lens.

Examples


Photo by boy yniguez

Photo by Dale Shoup

Photo by Loes Meijs

I think you can see why I am happy to now have that lens to play with.


There's Just One Thing...


It didn't have the charger
and A/C adapter. I went to Best Buy and got something to charge the batteries, ( it came with 2).


The numbers matched and we shall see....
Happy Phil
Photo taken with Lumix TZ1 1/16/10

Okay, it works.
Now to have some fun with photography around the Treehouse.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Peace All Over The World - Playing For Change



Love

No comments: