Friday, February 19, 2010

Going With The Flow

Downsizing

Mark, Phil, and John at the Violin Shop. (photo - Dave Jacobs)

We have made adjustments to fit the shrinking economy.
We now have different versions of the band to fit any venue and budget.
We enjoy the way we play as a trio.
We wear matching shirts.
We shall see.

The Jam At Lulu's


Stacia Jacobs with the Phil Seymour Band. photo-Dave Jacobs

One of the great things about the Shasta Blues Society Thursday night jam, is the welcome reception given to new performers. Last night was Stacia's first time singing with a band in front of an audience. She was delightfully good. The crowd loved her rendition of Summertime and the band helped make her first appearance a positive event.

Shaping The Viola Back


2/18/10

2/19/10
The process from kindling to concert hall continues for the violins and viola that I am following in photos at John Harrison's violin shop.

Violin In Tanning Booth



John examines finish against woodpile.

I am fortunate
to be able to capture the creation of these beautiful instruments with photographs and even some video. John's shop is only a couple of blocks from my apartment, so I have a really short drive to catch the latest step in the making. I guess I could walk there if I had to, but the walk back would be iffy. If I am careful, I probably won't need a scooter or wheelchair anytime soon, but if I am reckless or excessive in my physical activity, I could lose what mobility I enjoy now. So I drive the Buick to the Violin shop.

My Brother, Jerry

Jerry in Iraq. (photo from 2009)

Jerry is still enjoying beautiful Iraq, the "garden spot" of Mesapotamia.
He sent me an email today that contained the following story;

King Ozymandias
of Assyria was running low on cash after years of war with
The Hittites. His last great possession was the Star of
the Euphrates, the most valuable diamond in the ancient world.
Desperate, he went to Croesus, the pawnbroker, to ask for a loan.
Croesus said, "I'll give you 100,000 dinars for
it". "But I paid a million dinars for it," the King
protested. "Don't you know who I am? I am the king!"
Croesus replied, "When you wish to pawn a Star, makes
no difference who
you are."

Here In Redding

Mount Shasta. 2/17/10

Mount Shasta. 2/17/10

What beautiful days we have had. And for me, what a wonderful time to play with my new/used toy; the Panasonic Lumix TZ1. I really feel blessed to be able to enjoy all the bountiful, beautiful, gifts that are here to be enjoyed.

According to
the weatherman, I will be taking pictures of the rain soon. That's good, too.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Good Day Sunshine - Beatles (remastered)


Life Is Good

No comments: