Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cycles?

It Was Just A Matter Of Time

Hotel guests in Denmark pedal for free meal.

See video, HERE.


Once upon a time, I had a similar vision. Only in my vision, people would be paying top dollar to sweat and pedal at an island spa.

In the early 70's, I tried to generate interest in an island resort that was divided into two separate types of service. One side of the island would be an exclusive tropical fat farm, and the other, a luxury vacation paradise.

The concept was simple; All power would come from windmills, solar arrays, and the exercise equipment on the fat farm. Treadmills, stationary bikes, rowing machines, weight machines and body toning apparatus all driving generators to feed the electrical grid. It may be time to revisit this idea.

Fun House

The Nautilus House. Naucalpan, Mexico


Living room.


Master bedroom.

This house
was designed and built for a couple with 2 children. What a treat.

You can see
more pictures and read about the Nautilus house, HERE.

Tropical Paradise?






I love this place. There are so many hidden treasures, like these apartments along Marina Drive.

Today as I was driving by, I noticed how calm the lagoon was, and how enchanting the dwellings were, reflecting through the trees from the road. I made a u-turn, (I hope it was legal), and found a place to park across the street. I walked across and found a few artistic vantage points and began capturing images.

I imagined a time when one could have fished for dinner from the balcony. Now, it might not be such a healthy treat. After doing so much research about the Sacramento river, as I have for the past couple of years, I am not tempted to eat anything that has been living in it.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
I'm Gonna Go Fishin' - Peggy Lee



The Livin' Is Easy

No comments: