Sunday, May 9, 2010

Whishing You The Best

Mother's Day 2010

In America, mothers come in all colors;
The Brookings institution reports that about 83 percent of the U.S. population growth since 2000 was minority.

Dams Are Doomed

One of 4 dams that will be removed from the Klamath river

I watched CSPAN coverage of a American History Channel presentation of a meeting in Portland, Oregon, today, about the removal of dams on the Klamath river.
Indians, farmers, documentarians, fishermen, and the electric corporation that owns the dams were all represented on the panel. It is a great example of the long process required to achieve an equitable solution. You can see the video, HERE. You can also read a comprehensive historic overview of the Klamath river disputes, HERE.

Book Report


The book I am reading this Mother's Day afternoon. 5/9/10

I like it.

When I was younger, I did an intensive investigative study of Symbols, from Pre-Egyptian, Rosicrucians, Masons, and others, up through the 20th century. Because of what little knowledge I gained from that exercise, I was eagerly awaiting the latest Dan Brown adventure, and was quick to snap it up when it appeared in the new book section of the Redding library, because it was reported to combine a whole bunch of ancient legends into the fabric and design of our nations capital.

When it comes
to finding hidden meanings in every building, manuscript, and painting in Washington, DC, he does not skimp. I could find bits and pieces of just about all things spiritual and scientific, somehow interconnecting in The Lost Symbol. However, if I wasn't already intrigued by ancient symbols, and their meanings, I would not be able to sustain my interest because of the tediously plodding pace. I sort of recommend it if you have nothing else to read.

Dorothy's Flowers

Dorothy O'Neil holds her 2 favorite cards. 5/8/10

I would like to thank Dorothy for planting and tending her flowers behind 'A' building. They continue to catch my photographic eye and find their way onto this blog with regularity. I used images from Dorothy's garden for some of my Mother's Day cards. She graciously displayed the cards on her table at the Treehouse annual rummage sale.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;



Love

No comments: