Sunday, October 3, 2010

Earthlike Planet Discovered

In 2007!

Image from Flicker by Ginny Keller 4/27/2007

This is a
photoshopped image to show the comparative size compared to earth.

The image
of 581 c is actually the earth, enlarged and tinted green.

Big News
Earthlike Planet Discovered
( 3 Years Ago)

NBC News 10/1/10

Yep, that's a 3 year old story that NBC is foisting on us as being the latest discovery. I saw this news video and I looked for some telescopic images of this 'new' planet. There were none. The images they inferred were from a telescope were actually graphic depictions from 2007.

So why did they act like it was news?

Why not
the 6 month old story about astronaut spacesuit gloves cutting off the circulation to fingers and causing fingernails to fall off? A new company just recently got the bid for new spacesuits. Do you think they were the ones that published the falling off fingernails story while the bids were being considered?

Outside of Scientific journals, where does one find real news about discoveries and innovation?

Speaking Of News...
Blackwater Won A New
State Department Contract

The good guys?

Never mind the dead civilians. Forget about the stolen guns. Get over the murder arrests, the fraud allegations, and the accusations of guards pumping themselves up with steroids and cocaine. Through a “joint venture,” the notorious private-security firm Blackwater has won a piece of a five-year State Department contract worth up to $10 billion. Read More HERE

Ah well. Nothing I can do about that, but I can go outside and enjoy this glorious day.

Serene Scenes

Possible thunderstorms to the northeast of the Treehouse. 10/3/10

I do enjoy living in the midst of all this beauty. Today is a good example. I went out with my Lumix TZ1 to see what wanted it's picture taken. A world of possibilities was opened up by that positive approach. The clouds, the trees, the flowers, and even some of the animals seemed to know I was there to take their pictures.

Happy Bug

This bug let me get the camera within an inch for this shot. 10/3/10

Dandy Ant

These puffs were about the size of my little fingertip. 10/3/10

Over Here

This tiny rosebud just begged for a back-lit, close up. 10/3/10

I am glad I get to share this beauty I see all around. A knack for photography is another of the wonderful gifts that I have received along with the ultimate gift of life here on earth. With the Lumix camera, and this Macbook, I am able to accurately describe some enjoyable moments and share them with you through these pictures that you are seeing. Wow!

Made In The Shade

The light was just right to accent this beauty. 10/3/10

What a day. What a world. What a life.

An Hour Later
Can't ask for a better sunset to end this day here at the Treehouse. 10/3/10


Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Love It

No comments: