Saturday, December 21, 2013

Innovations That Matter

Cool and Fun, Too

The better LED light bulb from Philips

Flat shape still delivers 360° light


“The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 mandates, among other things, efficiency improvements for light bulbs; 25% greater efficiency to be phased in from 2012 through 2014, and 200% greater efficiency by 2020.”

I include that bit of information from the article as a fact check as to which president signed the energy independence act in 2007.

Lemon drop poinsettia

I didn’t know there were yellow poinsettias. It seems that they come in many colors.

“Poinsettia is the most popular holiday flowering plant. The plant’s common name comes from Joel Poinsett, the first U.S. ambassador to Mexico, who introduced the plant to the U.S. in 1825.” (from Poinsettias)

Sill a few leaves left

Tonight is the longest night of the year. I am glad to have artificial light to allow additional time to read, write, eat, shower, and many other activities that are enhanced by light.

Sitting goose on the Sacramento river

This month, some of us will celebrate the birthday of the Prince of Peace. Others will celebrate a variety significant events, birthdays, and the winter solstice. It’s the most wonderful time of the year according to Andy Williams.

Pie #7

Last Sunday, while my brother was here, we ate the last 2 pieces of pie #6. I didn’t have time, or energy, to make another, so we went to Trader Joe’s and got one of their apple pies to accompany the French vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I used to like TJ’s apple pie a lot, but after 6 of my simple homemade pies, the pie I once thought was good, wasn’t, (in comparison). The TJ’s pie, minus the 2 pieces that Jerry and I ate, is still sitting in the refrigerator. I think I will donate it to the snacks assotment at tomorrows bingo games in the Treehouse dining room.

Sea Gull “watches the birdie”

Pie #7 is as good as it looks. Lucky me.

Another beautiful Redding sunset

And, to power those LED lightbulbs,

Today’s Bright Future Video;


No comments: