Monday, December 2, 2013

The Twelfth Month

Is Called The Tenth

Colorful Treehouse Trees

December was originally the tenth month of the year in the Roman calendar until a monthless winter period was divided between January and February. It gets its name from the Latin word "decem" which means tenth. However, when the Romans added January and February to the calendar, it became the twelfth month. The name remained the same however.” - Wikipedia

While looking this up, I found this interesting tidbit; “December starts on the same day of the week as September every year and ends on the same day of the week as April every year.”

Three bees

Apple Mavericks Insults Mac Users

The introduction of a non-Mac-like operating system, (Mavericks), for OS-X users was a bit of a setback for me and millions of Mac owners. I was astonished by the ignorance of the, post Steve Jobs, staff at Apple, where Mac and OS-X is concerned.

They altered a smooth, magical, highly sophisticated, user interface in ways that destroyed it’s usefulness to businesses, schools, the arts, photographers, and creative professionals in general.

Driveway rose

This knuckleheaded development gave me an epiphany, an awakening, and a lasting solution...I must stop getting new stuff from Apple!

Lassen

All the software that I have, is all the software I really need, and the functions of my computers, using OS-X Mountain Lion, are smooth, reliable, and fun to work with.

I don’t need to update, upgrade, or feel compelled to get the faster, thinner, newer, shiny products that are introduced every few months. I already have the best stuff for my needs. I just have to get Mavericks out of my MacBook Pro, and re-install Mountain Lion.

Big Red Rose

This means, (after I replace the hard drive with a 1T Hybrid and increase the RAM), I won’t need to buy anymore new Apple computers. Without anymore updates, upgrades, or wizbang processors, I can already do all the projects that I currently do, using my existing MacBooks, Apple TV, iPod Touch, and iMac.

The world has to change from a consumer economy, and getting off the upgrade treadmill will be my first significant contribution toward a sustainable future.

Today’s Video;

.
Think Small

No comments: