Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Inclusiveness

And The Power

Hiding acorns

When I feel the need to communicate, compare, or at least explain my acquaintance with manifestations of cosmic awareness, I find it best to narrow the subject  down to two primary states of being that I love to experience.

Oneness with everything, by becoming an egoless nothing. That’s the place a familiar sense of inner peace takes me. It’s a state of passive inclusiveness. I developed that ability by practicing music, and through meditation techniques. One can feel their heart beat with the rhythm of repeatedly playing a song, or intoning a mantra, until you are completely immersed in the void. It is there that you may experience all that that is and is not. Results may vary.

Your mind can become untroubled and clear, as you physically join with the pulse of the music. Once you have had that experience, it is possible to follow the path to that heavenly existence, again and again.

A number of musicians that I have met through the years, know exactly what I am talking about. I call that, “The Inclusiveness”. Sometimes, on rare occasions, the whole band will reach that place together. For some people to understand, I have been known to describe that collective inclusiveness as, “Touching God”.

That feeling is what keeps some musicians, myself included, playing six nights a week, playing after hours and jamming on Sundays, for years on end. We just have to experience another a few seconds of The Inclusiveness now and then, and we will keep on playing until we drop.

The Power is an experience that is more rare, but having been a part of it, I will never look at life in the simplistic way I used to. It feels like my awareness becomes charged with electricity. It is not passive energy. It is too powerful to be contained. It flows through my being and spreads out into the space around me. I have been struck by this power while performing.

Some musicians and performers think they can get there by using drugs. In my experience, a drug high is just a drug high, no more substantial than junk food. I find love of music and meditation to be my path to enlightenment.

The music coalesces into it’s own universe. For a moment, there is nothing but the song, The universe contracts around the sounds and pulsing rhythms of all of us playing, dancing, and moving together in the music. I hear my voice singing as if from a distance, I can see my hands chording and strumming, and I feel the shared vibrations of my guitar and body as I sing and play.

The hairs on my arms and head begin to tingle, then, Zzzt! It’s like sticking my finger in a light socket, or being really close to a lightning strike, only it’s not over in an instant.

Charging through me, this energy radiates outward. I see that some people around me are touched by more than the rhythm and magic of the music. They look my way as the power expands. I can see the light in their eyes, and on their faces. I have shared this rare and precious moment with others and I am humbled by The Power. Life is awesome.

Today’s Microbial Video;

.
Eternally Grateful

No comments: