Friday, October 24, 2014

Bright Sunshine

Rain Washed Landscape

Warthog Rose.jpg
Looks like a warthog rose

I took the opportunity around 11:00 am to capture some freshly washed roses when I went out to check the mail. There were quite a few new roses and plenty of buds to back them up.

Backlit Behind Stem.jpg
Sun shines through

There weren't many birds around. Most of them went somewhere else around 9:00 in the morning so they could hear themselves talk. The beautiful post rain sunny morning was also a good time to steam clean or pressure wash here at the Treehouse using a loud compressor.

Looks Like The Sun.jpg
Looks like solar plasma eruptions

Before the machinery was fired up, one could hear and see birds of all shapes and sizes discussing breakfast while sipping sparkling raindrops from the leaves. I was up early to open the door for Bruce to bring fresh bottles of Mount Shasta Spring Water.

Pink Rose CB2.jpg
My pink ribbon picture of the morning

Whatever the task was that required the loud compressor was completed about the same time as the substitute mailperson was finishing his delivery. Perfect timing for me, having finished breakfast, I packed my Panasonic Lumix FZ35 camera and iPhone in a bag strapped over my shoulder and stepped out to see what wonders were waiting for their closeups.

I'll Take It.jpg
Great colors and a few remaining raindrops

The previous day, I noticed a spot of red on one of the patio bushes, but it was raining and I was not set up for rain photography so I didn’t go investigate. However, with this beautiful Friday, I went over and saw that it had made a rose that I had missed in it’s youthful glory. After studying the rose, I realized it’s beauty was hiding in plain sight, as you will see in the following image.

Hiding In Plain Sight.jpg
Hiding in plain sight

What I am reading;

Death of a King - Tavis Smiley with David Ritz
The Real Story of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Final Year

This book introduces you to the true measure of this legendary American leader in his last year as he focused the Christian message of nonviolence on the war in Vietnam. Following the teachings of Jesus angered many of those who had praised him marching for civil rights.

More Definite Pie.jpg
My latest apple pie

Midnight Crossroad - Charlaine Harris

If you have read any or all of the 15 Sookie Stackhouse novels you will be delighted to know that Charlaine Harris has begun a new and different series with complex, colorful characters, set in Midnight, Texas. Her sense of humor and storytelling skills will have you reading this first book of the series well into the night, as it did to me.

Just What I Wanted.jpg
Just the shot I hoped it would be

So there you have it. A beautiful day and pictures to illustrate it.

Today’s Video;

.
Prince Of Peace

No comments: