Tuesday, October 7, 2014

You Are The First

And Only You

Hiding In Plain Sight.jpg
Treehouse rose

Being the prototype of the only person you will be can sometimes feel like an overwhelming responsibility. Once you become self aware, you can develop this gift of a prototype self into whatever your capabilities will support.

Leaves Transforming.jpg
Fall colors begin

One of my capabilities is naturally appreciating the people I have been privileged to know throughout my life here in America. This has led to fascinating and sometimes frightening adventures while living as one of the family in many different homes of rich, poor, powerful, invisible, intellectual, illiterate, artists, laborers, criminals, doctors, ranchers, hookers, actors and other human beings of all stripes.

Life is good to me.  

In many cases, I have actually walked in someone elses shoes at their side in whatever endeavors they were involved with at the time. I am an amalgam of those wonderful loves and friendships. My experience is like a multicolored lens for observing life in America.

The Difference.jpg
Comparing my natural left eye to my right eye with lens implant

My political civic social composition today is mostly that of a progressive liberal who practices conservation.. Some people are misled by certain media voices who promote a false definition of liberalism. I would like to straighten out that misdirection.

I found this definition of what it is to be a liberal in a comment thread on Media Matters;

“Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.”

That is as accurate and concise as any definition I could ask for.

View From East A.jpg
Treehouse grounds

Turn off the TV and radio news.

Listen to the sound of your breathing and heartbeat.

Your life is in the air we breathe carried in blood pumping throughout your body.

Listen to the sounds of life

Lassen Park.jpg
Lassen Park from the Treehouse

A calm mind brings peace and clarity

Today’s Video;
RIP Tony Auth, cartoonist and great human being


“What we think, we become.”- Buddha

No comments: